Hey All,

So I am traveling to Hungary next week and needed some information. I have a BB Storm and have it unlocked. What I would like to do is use data from a local carrier in Hungary.

I am currently on the Telus mobility network in Canada and was hoping to use TMobile while in Hungary.

So I found this data plan from Tmobile in Hungary:
    Net 3 GB, Mobilinternet Csomag 3 GB

So here is my question, if I buy a sim card in Hungary from TMobile and wish to setup a plan which includes data do I just pop the TMobile simcard in and switch the service from 1XEV to GSM on the handset?

Will this bring the data from the local carrier in Hungary or would this still be drawing data from Telus's network?

I am not quite sure how this works which is why I'm asking. If it doesn't work I am curious why? and how I might be able to get it to work?

Thanks in advance, please let me know if you need any more clarification.
    06-22-09 05:12 PM
    Yes you will have to switch to GSM. If you switch to a sim card that includes a data plan, you will need to resend your service books after you put the new sim card in to get data to work. When you get back home, switch to 1XEV and resend service books again.
    06-22-09 05:19 PM
    Yes you will have to switch to GSM. If you switch to a sim card that includes a data plan, you will need to resend your service books after you put the new sim card in to get data to work. When you get back home, switch to 1XEV and resend service books again.
    Thanks for the quick reply... Yea I just wasn't sure if I would have to get it off the telus network or not as it is registered with them.

As I was unsure if the pin had anything to do with it or not. Hopefully it all works out it is a personal/business trip which is why I really need data, will be there for about a month and a half.
    06-22-09 05:35 PM
    Also make sure you follow the instructions to the letter with the new sim card to properly activate it. Should be easy though.
    Last edited by wxman2003; 06-22-09 at 05:49 PM.
    06-22-09 05:46 PM
    Also make sure you follow the instructions to the letter with the new sim card to properly activate it. Should be easy though.
    I will for sure... I'm just concerned about the Roaming charges for data if this doesn't end up working... haha... Don't want a billion dollar data bill for international roaming =)

Thanks again for the help =)
    06-22-09 05:53 PM
    Understand that blackberry services(push email, bbm, possibly browser) are not going to work unless this sim card is provisioned for blackberry data.
    06-22-09 09:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD