I got my Blackberry Storm last week and have been trying to figure out how to transfer my almost 200 contacts off of my Motorola Krazr onto my Storm. It would save me a whole lot of time if this is possible. I tried using the software that came with the Krazr but it just uploads it to it's own program and I can't seem to transfer from there to anywhere else. I am hoping someone out there has done this or might have an idea on how to. Thanks for any input.
    Jay
    03-16-09 07:34 PM
    Verizon did it at the store for me...only took a few seconds. Not sure if you can bluetooth them over or not. Verizon also has a feature that you can do it over their website not sure if your carrier does or not though.
    03-16-09 07:39 PM
    hi sv - wen i went from an lg-venus to my curve the rep in-store told me they had to be entered in one by one......but he was nice enuf to do it for me free even tho i made my purchase on line. why dont you try to give this a shot and be done in five minutes!
    03-16-09 07:40 PM
    You either need verizon to do it for you or do it manually

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-09 07:53 PM
    Does the other phone save contacts to SD card? Can you transfer that way? Or put them into Outlook or something to transfer that way? If not Verizon does it. I just asked and they did it no questions saved me mucho headache

03-16-09 09:18 PM
    Manually would take forever I have approx 200 contacts. I am not with Verizon I am with Bell. They said that you can do it they thought with outlook but I have had no luck. Thanks for your input and any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    04-10-09 06:49 AM
    Used the Motorola Mobile Phone Tools application to transfer the contacts to Outlook. Then went from Outlook to Storm.
    04-10-09 06:56 AM
    Verizon did it at the store for me...only took a few seconds. Not sure if you can bluetooth them over or not. Verizon also has a feature that you can do it over their website not sure if your carrier does or not though.
    The verizon website back up of contacts does NOT work with any BlackBerry.

04-10-09 07:16 AM
    yep... backup assistant is a no go with bb

i was such a newb when i got my storm and input all 90 contacts... it wasnt fun
    04-10-09 07:20 AM
    You can copy them into a spreadsheet and send it to the Storm. That seemed very cumbersome so I just had the store do it for me.
    04-10-09 07:25 AM
    Take it the store and they will do it for free. Vz OTA Backup Assistant doesn't work on smart phones.

Or like someone posted above, if you can get your contacts into Outlook, DM will sync to those
    04-10-09 07:26 AM
    Get moto phone tools.
    Sync to outlook
    Use Dm to sync outlook to storm
    How I did my Rokr

04-10-09 08:02 AM
    Hmmm, let's see. A search on "transfering contacts" bring up 3 pages of hits. This must have been asked before.

Let's try Hit 1. or Hit 2, or Hit 3, or Hit 4, maybe Hit 5, or Hit 6, no, let's look ay Hit 7. Hmm, how about Hit 8. Might want to try a search next time!
    04-10-09 08:18 AM
    Hmmm, let's see. A search on "transfering contacts" bring up 3 pages of hits. This must have been asked before.

Let's try Hit 1. or Hit 2, or Hit 3, or Hit 4, maybe Hit 5, or Hit 6, no, let's look ay Hit 7. Hmm, how about Hit 8. Might want to try a search next time!
    dude... this thread is a month old... and its a noob... cut them some slack! the question has been answered... all is ok... there really wasnt a need for that
    04-10-09 08:22 AM
    Copy and paste backup assistant info into an excel spreadsheet

Convert that into a csv file

Import into gmail

Use google sync

Done. Not the quickest way but its free and allows you to keep a running backup of contacts at all times

04-10-09 09:11 AM
    Being a Storm owner probably makes you a Verizon VIP due to the cost of your plan. If you are a VIP they will transfer your phone contacts for free.
    04-10-09 09:38 AM
    the google sync option is the best suggestion on here that I have seen... thats how I have done it in the past.. works like a charm..
    04-10-09 09:45 AM
    dude... this thread is a month old... and its a noob... cut them some slack! the question has been answered... all is ok... there really wasnt a need for that
    Your opinion ....
    04-10-09 09:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD