How do you transfer pictures that I took on my Storm to my computer without using bluetooth or email? Is there a way to do it in Desktop Manager?
    01-11-09 09:16 PM
    Make sure you enable mass storage mode on your phone and plug it in. If you are using a pc, it should recognise it and you should be able to use it like a HDD, just drag and drop.

options > memory > enable mass storage
    01-11-09 09:20 PM
    Does anyone know if there is an image stablilizer built into the storm?...cause if there is non, the Curve 8900 may have a better cam.

Do you think it can maybe unlocked with a software upgrade?

It su cks i have to be a statue to take decent pictures
    Last edited by andrew3306; 01-11-09 at 09:31 PM. Reason: typo
    01-11-09 09:28 PM
    I really like the Bluetooth transfer. It goes to a folder under My documents- Bluetooth Exchange Folder. I find it to be very convenient and doesn't requre me to hook the blackberry up USB.
    01-11-09 09:39 PM
    Yes the storm has a built in stabilizer but I could just keep it off as it can drain battery.
    01-11-09 09:43 PM
    Yep, enable Mass Storage, connect to laptop the drag and drop. The fastest way.
    01-11-09 10:25 PM
    when I transfer it over it asks me to open or save but then when I try both it wont open or save ether way. My mass storage unit is on or open how ever you say it.
    Last edited by stkygren; 04-21-09 at 07:58 PM.
    04-21-09 07:55 PM
    Yes the storm has a built in stabilizer but I could just keep it off as it can drain battery.
    Are you sure that the image stabilizer in the camera drains the phone's battery? That just sounds ridiculous to me. I have had the image stabilizer set on the camera since I got the phone, and it's not draining my battery. What you said just doesn't make sense to me.

(Not disagreeing, as I have no way to prove you wrong, but it just doesn't sound right.)
    04-21-09 08:21 PM
    Are you sure that the image stabilizer in the camera drains the phone's battery? That just sounds ridiculous to me. I have had the image stabilizer set on the camera since I got the phone, and it's not draining my battery. What you said just doesn't make sense to me.

(Not disagreeing, as I have no way to prove you wrong, but it just doesn't sound right.)
    +1 I don't see how
    04-21-09 08:28 PM
    Make sure you enable mass storage mode on your phone and plug it in. If you are using a pc, it should recognise it and you should be able to use it like a HDD, just drag and drop.

options > memory > enable mass storage
    With mass storage mode disabled, I get a Blackberry 9530 object with the Device memory and Media Card folders, but with mass storage mode enabled, I get no objects in My Computer for the phone at all. Needless to say, none of the pictures from the camera are reachable. Any suggestions from anyone?

- Mark
    04-24-09 06:31 PM
    You can plug your phone in and use the Media Manager program in the Desktop Manager, can't you? Save to hard drive folders from there.
    04-25-09 01:15 AM
    You can plug your phone in and use the Media Manager program in the Desktop Manager, can't you? Save to hard drive folders from there.
    The Media Manager shows no pictures or music files, although they are visible on the Storm.
    04-25-09 08:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD