Does anyone know how to transfer sms to a blackberry storm?

I have tried to search for an answer here on the forums, but can�t find anything.

I want to copy the old sms onto the SIM, insert SIM into Blackberry and then transfer them onto the blackberry.

I know, I know - I should just delete them, but some of them are really sentimental - ones from my grandma who has passed away and from my Mom congratulating me on getting into grad school ect ect.. any ideas?

Also, if I do a back up of the phone, does it back up the messages and sms as well?

Thanks!

Lisa
    05-17-09 11:37 AM
    Does anyone know how to transfer sms to a blackberry storm?

I have tried to search for an answer here on the forums, but can�t find anything.

I want to copy the old sms onto the SIM, insert SIM into Blackberry and then transfer them onto the blackberry.

I know, I know - I should just delete them, but some of them are really sentimental - ones from my grandma who has passed away and from my Mom congratulating me on getting into grad school ect ect.. any ideas?

Also, if I do a back up of the phone, does it back up the messages and sms as well?

Thanks!

Lisa
    Are they on another Berry? If they are you can do a selective backup from the old phone and restore to the new phone. If not the only other thing I know of is to forward them.
    05-17-09 11:46 AM
    No, sadly not : ( They are on an old samsung that does not have a miniusb

And since I am keeping the same number forwarding does not work..

Oh, what to do??
    05-17-09 11:48 AM
    Can u send them to someone else then send back to u

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-09 12:06 PM
    You could do as suggested above and forward from sms to email, and keep them there. Then they could exist on your storms email and your web server (presuming you are using hotmail/gmail/yahoo or whatever) and be able to access your messages wherever. It's nice to see someone who values such things
    05-17-09 12:47 PM
    you should be able to store them on the SIM, but i use the "forward to email" option myself. since, after all, sms/mms is just an email service...
    05-17-09 01:17 PM
    Thanks guys!

So, I figured that I could put them on the sim, put sim into BB and then 'save' on the BB in a folder.. Put sim back into old phone, erase sim and repeat..

2 hours later I am finished (can only fit 25 mgs at a time on sim).. holy moly - but worth the effort : )

Thanks for all your advice! Would have loved to email them, but the old phone was.. really old. Not email capable ; )
    05-17-09 01:50 PM
    you can send sms/mms to email address...your phone number is an email address. that's what i meant earlier.

its [email protected] or @vzwpix.com for my carrier...you can forward the sms to an email address by just entering an email address in the "to" field...

just FYI...
    05-17-09 02:23 PM
    forward them to somebody you know then have them forward them back to you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-09 02:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD