can someone please explain the touch screen settings to me.

thank you
    11-24-08 09:19 AM
    I would like to know as well! lol
    11-24-08 09:23 AM
    can someone please explain the touch screen settings to me.

thank you
    touch, move your finger what you want to open, and click! Straight forward.
    11-24-08 09:25 AM
    lol!! wow, so no one has a legit answer for this?
    11-24-08 09:48 AM
    nope guess not cant till that storm for dummies is released maybe theyll have pointers its so confusing searching for answer you find a thread and scroll 40 responsing just so they tell you to yuse the search yuk
    12-08-08 05:52 PM
    yea, Ive looked on RIM's site, Verizon's site, and nothing. Is it not odd that such a complex product only comes with a "Tip Guide" haha... Even my screen protector has an instruction manual.
    12-08-08 05:55 PM
    you can download the user manual from the Blackberry User Tools CD that came with your phone.
    12-08-08 05:57 PM
    Yes can someone confirm the touch screen settings please I'm sure it can lead to more user friendly experience

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-08 05:58 PM
    hmm, I guess I missed that part in my whole rush to use the phone
    12-08-08 05:59 PM
    Ok here you go in order:
    Tap interval probably in milleseconds between the time you tap once and the time the phone recognizes second tap
    Hover period: Same as above
    Swipe sensitivity: If you look at your screen from an acute angle you will see dots on it in rows and columns those detect where your fingers are and the sensitivity is adjusted through that setting.

These are my best guesstimates....
    12-08-08 06:11 PM
    Ok here you go in order:
    Tap interval probably in milleseconds between the time you tap once and the time the phone recognizes second tap
    Hover period: Same as above
    Swipe sensitivity: If you look at your screen from an acute angle you will see dots on it in rows and columns those detect where your fingers are and the sensitivity is adjusted through that setting.

These are my best guesstimates....
    Right on spaciorek,

just to further the proliferation of information here are a few suggested settings.

Swipe: 6 (the most sensitive)
    Hover:100-300
    Tap:100-300 (probably around 250 or 300 for most peoples fast rhythms)
    12-08-08 06:14 PM
    I would really like to get the definite answers on what these do and how they affect things too.

like just having a description doesnt really help either.

we need rim to say: "ok if you are having an issue with x, then set hover to y"

etc
    12-08-08 06:16 PM
    What part of my post doesn't make sense????? The lower the number in interval the quicker the detection and the higher the number the more sensitive the screen is...RIM won't tell you what setting because EVERYONE's typing speed is different.....
    12-08-08 06:19 PM
    This thread is a joke right
    12-08-08 06:19 PM
    This thread is a joke right
    Turning into one in a hurry.....LOL
    12-08-08 06:20 PM
    Good questions! I forgot to change my tap interval. I dropped it from 400 to 200. Big difference in how fast I can type.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-08 06:35 PM
    What part of my post doesn't make sense????? The lower the number in interval the quicker the detection and the higher the number the more sensitive the screen is...RIM won't tell you what setting because EVERYONE's typing speed is different.....
    for one you say that 2 of the settings are the same thing, that makes no sense.

and lastly you say they are guesses.

all i want is an explination from RIM in the online manual that is missing.
    12-09-08 06:42 PM
    for one you say that 2 of the settings are the same thing, that makes no sense.

and lastly you say they are guesses.

all i want is an explination from RIM in the online manual that is missing.
    I absolutely agree.
    12-09-08 06:50 PM
    A in depth manual would end a lot of guessing!
    12-09-08 06:55 PM
    Tap Interval:
    I think what others have said ... can't really figure this one out other than to say that it being lower enables much faster typing.

Hover Period:
    The amount of time you leave your finger on something (a hover) before the hover-specific event occurs. Hover events are items like how you can hold your finger on a Name in the message list and it does a search for all messages from that person, or how you can hold your finger over a key and have it give you all the language-specific variations of that letter.

Swipe Sensitivity:
    This one is easy, its just what is says. When you scroll up do you want the browser to go 5 lines or 20? Same for side-to-side msg navigating.
    12-09-08 06:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD