Hi,

I tried updating to the new hybrid yesterday. Everything was fine until this morning, when my touch screen stopped working. The buttons worked, and so did the accelerometer. I did a full wipe, and reloaded .148. Same issue. Ideas on how to fix this?
    07-06-09 12:17 PM
    bump bump bump
    07-06-09 06:29 PM
    what do u mean "not working" need more info
    07-06-09 06:33 PM
    i was recently in mexico and had the same issue.
    At first, I thought it was the humidity in the air since its different than where I live, but I now believe it was because I was using sunscreen and after-sun lotion, so my fingers didn't really conduct like the phone wanted them to.

So, if you're putting lotion on something or your fingers have something on them, it may not work... just wash your hands, though, and it should work again.

That's just based on my experience... I have no idea what you're problem is since you didnt really give many details.
    07-06-09 07:14 PM
    To the OP please describe your problem in detail, thanks
    07-06-09 07:18 PM
    Welcome to the club dude. Just take solace in the fact that you are defiantly not alone. Mine did the same thing two weeks ago. Started sticking, then having a bit of fuzz during processor heavy times....to the eventual blank screen. My phone was still on and working in that I could receive calls and emails etc but not be able to bring the screen to life. I'm willing to bet that you can look in a darker setting and see a faint blue hue with your screen when it should be on. I think you are in line for a replacement. It seems to be an issue that is getting more and more common as the 9530 ages.
    07-06-09 07:36 PM
    That's not the problem I have. The phone still works. I can see the screen just fine. What doesn't work is the actual touching or clicking. It doesn't register that I touch the screen (so icons don't get selected), or if I click the screen (like when the display turns off, and you click it to bring it back on).

The only buttons that work are the physical keys. Lock/unlock works, so does the green send and red end keys. Heck, even the back and BB buttons work. Even the accelerometer works. The screen displays everything. But I cannot touch anything on the screen or it doesn't click.

Hope that's a better description for everyone.
    07-06-09 10:54 PM
    That's not the problem I have. The phone still works. I can see the screen just fine. What doesn't work is the actual touching or clicking. It doesn't register that I touch the screen (so icons don't get selected), or if I click the screen (like when the display turns off, and you click it to bring it back on).

The only buttons that work are the physical keys. Lock/unlock works, so does the green send and red end keys. Heck, even the back and BB buttons work. Even the accelerometer works. The screen displays everything. But I cannot touch anything on the screen or it doesn't click.

Hope that's a better description for everyone.
    try this method: http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/sc...rx-fix-109036/
    07-07-09 12:37 AM
    Thanks DriftDevil, but that's not the problem I'm having. I've been using a business card as a fix for that.

The screen isn't even recognizing my swipes, or any touches. As in, it's not just the clicking that's the problem. It's the whole touch/selection process.
    07-07-09 12:49 AM
    Thanks DriftDevil, but that's not the problem I'm having. I've been using a business card as a fix for that.

The screen isn't even recognizing my swipes, or any touches. As in, it's not just the clicking that's the problem. It's the whole touch/selection process.
    whats ur app mem at?

options > memory > app free
    07-07-09 12:59 AM
    I can't see that because I cannot select anything on the screen...
    07-07-09 01:43 AM
    If anyone has any ideas, I'd be happy to hear them...
    07-07-09 04:27 PM
    I'm only going to throw this out because nobody else has...have you tried a battery pull? I read that RIM recommends leaving the battery out for 5 minutes for persistent problems.
    07-07-09 07:01 PM
    If the battery pull doesn't work it's possible your screen is borked and you'll have to take it in and get it replaced or fixed.
    07-08-09 04:26 AM
    Another refurbished Storm being added to VZW's stock...
    07-08-09 04:31 AM
    I'd go for a warranty replacement sounds like a failure of the screen mechanism. You might try going to a corp store, if you get lucky you can get a FRU right in the store, if not they can get you 1 shipped in 2 days, or you can call 1-800-922-0204. Call the 800 from a land line so they can walk you thru some necessary troubleshooting, but I'm quite certain they would authorize a replacement.
    07-08-09 10:57 AM
    I'm with Bell, and I've already asked for a replacement to be sent out. It's apparently coming directly from RIM in Waterloo, so shouldn't take TOO long I hope.

Thanks guys.
    07-08-09 01:45 PM
    As an aside, anyone know how to get rid of the Bell logo off the device? My Storm doesn't have one, which I loved. I fear the replacement I'm getting will have it, so I'd like to remove it.

Acetone? Nail polish remover?
    07-08-09 01:46 PM
    Isn't Bell just frikin horrible!? They arbitrarily removed my 7$ warranty coverage amazingly just before I walked in with my busted storm. Evidently it is "impossible" to reinstate it. Something tells me that a few clicks of a mouse would probably do it....ahhh visions of reaching across the counter and pounding that little punk...

At least RIM is giving a replacement...though Bell had them ship it to the wrong address.
    07-09-09 08:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD