Hello all. I always lock the screen them I put my storm in my pocket. I use the normal BB lock button on top of storm. Recently I've noticed that the screen is not responsive to touch after unlocking. Sometimes the screen will come back to normal after a few minutes, sometimes it will not until battery pull. Any ideas why?

I have not installed any new apps. Running most recent full release.

Different issue, I can no longer use quick pull. Gives me an error message, so now I have to physically pull the battery.

Thanks in advance!
    08-03-09 03:42 PM
    I dunno if this is your issue but sometimes when you hit the original lock button on the top corner of the phone you can only unlock your phone when you hit that same button, the screen wont work.
    08-03-09 03:51 PM
    I know how to unlock the screen. My problem is that after the screen is unlocked, the touch screen does not work properly. I usually have to do a battery pull to fix.

I see a couple of other posts recently regarding the same issue and no one seems to have a solution. Will ask in those posts.
    08-04-09 10:31 AM
    I've had this same issue since .148

Every once and a while the screen will not register "touches" after unlocking.

For me, all I do is click the screen and it starts registering touches.
    08-04-09 10:39 AM
    They change the lock method in later OSs. When you lock it to unlock it you must press the lock or another physical button to bring up the password prompt.
    08-04-09 12:17 PM
    I recommend just downloading the free StormSlider and setting a side button to activate. With the free edition that is. The Lock function still works but I've engrained it in me to just not press the top buttons.
    08-04-09 02:43 PM
    do not get stormslider, it is an app not a locking device. It just makes your screen go black, it does not at all help batt life. I would try to just backup txts and contacts, the wipe the phone and install the os from scratch.
    08-04-09 02:58 PM
    do not get stormslider, it is an app not a locking device. It just makes your screen go black, it does not at all help batt life. I would try to just backup txts and contacts, the wipe the phone and install the os from scratch.
    Any instructions around to wipe phone clean and install OS? Will Desktop Manager do this? I already have everything backed up.
    08-05-09 08:14 AM
    If you are able to either press unlock or one of the buttons on the bottom (Send, Menu, Back, End) to turn the screen back on, then there is no problem. This is normal behavior for OSs higher then the .75 you may be used to.
    08-05-09 08:48 AM
    I am having the same problem with mine. sometimes it works properly, sometimes some keys do not respond to keys. I think this is a big problem with Blackberry storm 9500... Any idea how to solve this problem?
    10-16-10 11:48 PM
    My 9530's screen is becoming more and more unresponsive...tried endless battery pulls, new (and no) screen protector, screen cleanings, changing sensitivities, new battery...nothing works. Have not yet messed with TORX adjustment screws, nor wiped and reinstalled everything. I press one area and get another area selected - or lots of things selected. scrolling is all but impossible. I am not touching two places at once, though it acts like I am. I have two pieces of paper under the battery. Am out of warranty. I wonder how one adjusts the digitizer? BTW - I know how to use the storm; it's the same house with the same humidity with the same fingers (tips, edges, hot cold, dry, etc) --something changed. it sucks. Verizon user about to get Droid X.
    Last edited by lucky1thanx; 01-28-11 at 01:40 PM.
    01-28-11 11:48 AM
    I have BlackBerry z3 I have changed my touch before some time and touch work properly. But the problem is that I have locked screen and after some time when unlock th device the touch not working. Then switched of my device and start again then the device work properly. Problem is that this problem repeatedly
    02-10-18 11:32 PM
    what to do when my blackberry z30 lock screen is not working...
    it is not supporting the picture password. And even my setting app is also not opening and always seeing black screen! Please suggest what to do?
    02-19-18 09:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD