Does anyone else have this problem? I played with the displays at a couple stores and the screen is much easier to press all around. I've read a few people had this problem but I'm worried about ordering another one but I'm afraid ill get another bad screen. I'm basically hoping the majority of you don't have this problem.
    Last edited by ls1norcal; 11-26-08 at 07:36 PM.
    11-26-08 07:22 PM
    We DID.

Cut out a credit card (without the magnet strip!) the size of the battery. Put the credit card over the battery so it sits in between the battery and the back cover. Works like MAGIC! Try it.
    11-26-08 07:24 PM
    Send it back... screw this ghetto engineering fixes crap. Let RIM know it's a problem that you want fixed, don't brush it under the rug. Get it replaced. Not all phones have this issue, so there is a problem somewhere.
    11-26-08 07:25 PM
    is the OP for real? Read this forum bro. I thnk atleast 20 threads have been started about this problem.

Storms require credit cards or napkins in their battery compartments to work.
    -Rik
    Yes others have had this problem. Other have not. Personally, I'd take it back. I'll be damned if I would jury-rig a brand new device I just paid $200 for.
    I went into the Verizon store today after I noticed the lower left edge in portait mode had this issue. They acknowleged this was an issue and that you have 30 days to return the phone as "DOA" (his term). Given the current sell out he noted my account that the problem was reproducable in the store and that they would replace as they are re-supplied. He mentioned in their case if it happened to go over the 30 days that they would be able to still replace as again the phone is selling out and replacements aren't available each day.
    11-26-08 07:31 PM
    Use the CC/Paper fix till more Storms are available. You have the 30 days to return it. If you take it back now you could be waiting weeks to get a replacement.

Good luck.
    11-26-08 08:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD