Is anyone experiencing a problem on their Storm running 5.0 software where the touchscreen is really inaccurate. it is acting like the screen is broken. Here are several symptoms:

• letters near the bottom and left side of the screen seem to not work most of the time. they might highlight, but when you click, the click is not registered, or is registered on another portion of the screen.
    • On the main menu page, if you just touch to highlight icons. when you let go, the highlight jumps to a different portion of the screen.
    • when you click, it often jumps into text selection mode like there are 2 fingers on the screen.
    • when you click, it does other wacky stuff like hiding the keyboard etc.

I didn't notice it right away, but about a week after I upgraded to 5.0 it seemed to get really bad. Even after the upgrade to latest, .328 I was still seeing the problem.

I tried wiping the blackberry and getting a fresh .328 that didn't help. I just downgraded back to 4.7 and the screen seems to be working fine...

I also ran into someone on twitter that sounds like they are having similar problems but I don't see any mention of this behavior on the forums.

Any insight would be good. Do you think it could be hardware, should I tell verizon this, or should i just put 5.0 back on it play dumb? Tell them the phone is broken, gimme a new one.
    11-15-09 10:46 AM
    same problem here, any news?
    11-29-09 07:43 AM
    I would definitely take it to Verizon, or just call customer service and tell them your screen is not working, and get a new phone. don't mention it was working fine on 4.7.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-09 08:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD