View Poll Results: What device should I get?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Storm

19 90.48%
  • Touch Pro

2 9.52%
    So it's time for me to get a new phone I've boiled it down to two phones:
    HTC Touch Pro or Blackberry Storm
    Both are the same price for me so that's not a factor
    Things I like about the storm:
    Google synchronization rocks
    Bigger screen
    8GB card comes with it
    3.5mm headset jack
    Blackberry email
    BBM

Things I like about the Pro
    Tons of Custom Roms to choose from to customize the phone
    free teathering via Internet connection Sharing program (which is also free)
    Wifi
    Physical Keyboard
    "Hackability" of Windows Mobile

The Storm by far is a sexy device but the HTC is far more customizable.

So my question is what do you guys think I should get. I know this is a Blackberry forum but please at least try to keep the answers objective and provide reasons for your suggestion.
    08-18-09 07:51 PM
    My wife had the same decision to make and BB messenger was the deciding factor for her and
    Like you said the bigger screen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-09 08:03 PM
    this late in the game if youre thinking about a storm you might as well hold off a little bit for the storm 2. its supposed to be coming out pretty soon. personally (and this is just me thinking out loud) ive never been too impressed with winmo. i dont know, ive just always been partial to the BB os.
    you would think that an OS similar to what ive been using on a pc would be a no-brainer, but not for yours truly. nope i just cant seem to play well with winmo devices.
    08-18-09 08:15 PM
    I have had 3 Touch Pros , 1 Alltel and 2 Verizon.

Dont waste your time , Storm is a far supperior device and I loved win mobile too but Storm crushes the TP imo. Especially if you are thinking about the Verizon TP (it stinks). If you want a Verizon Windows Mobile device get the Omnia, it has been my favorite Windows Mobile device thus far...
    Last edited by GrandMasterB; 08-18-09 at 10:17 PM.
    08-18-09 10:15 PM
    I have had 3 Touch Pros , 1 Alltel and 2 Verizon.

Dont waste your time , Storm is a far supperior device and I loved win mobile too but Storm crushes the TP imo. Especially if you are thinking about the Verizon TP (it stinks). If you want a Verizon Windows Mobile device get the Omnia, it has been my favorite Windows Mobile device thus far...
    How much modification have you done to your touch pro? Any custom roms/registry tweaks. I know out of the box the VZW touch pro stinks but there are lots of custom ROM builds even with winmo 6.5 that make a huge difference.
    I had the omnia its a no go for me due to screen res.
    08-18-09 10:26 PM
    I would go with the Storm. I have had two windows mobile phones. This is my first BB and I am immensely happy with it.

My husband has a Touch Pro and says the operating system difference should be what you base your decision on.
    08-18-09 10:42 PM
    How much modification have you done to your touch pro? Any custom roms/registry tweaks. I know out of the box the VZW touch pro stinks but there are lots of custom ROM builds even with winmo 6.5 that make a huge difference.
    I had the omnia its a no go for me due to screen res.
    Out of the box the Verizon TP is unusable for sure. I was in tight with many ROM builders over at PPCGeeks , we have a rom builders support group and everything. Just before I sold my TP and got the Storm I was flashing an average of 6 roms a day and modding anything that could be modded including but not limited to the GPS. It was ALOT of fun. At the end of the day, the Storm is a much more efficient device and I feel allows me to accomplish more than I could with windows mobile. Your results may vary

EDIT , towards the end of my TP I had a super strong preference for 6.5 Not sure what the concencus is now a days but a couple of months ago , 6.5 was tops.
    08-18-09 10:42 PM
    Out of the box the Verizon TP is unusable for sure. I was in tight with many ROM builders over at PPCGeeks , we have a rom builders support group and everything. Just before I sold my TP and got the Storm I was flashing an average of 6 roms a day and modding anything that could be modded including but not limited to the GPS. It was ALOT of fun. At the end of the day, the Storm is a much more efficient device and I feel allows me to accomplish more than I could with windows mobile. Your results may vary

EDIT , towards the end of my TP I had a super strong preference for 6.5 Not sure what the concencus is now a days but a couple of months ago , 6.5 was tops.
    Yeah I ran 6.5 on my omnia it was pretty stable and the possibility of android running on the touch pro in the near future I must say has me leaning that way. Well that, wifi and free tethering.
    08-18-09 10:54 PM
    Yeah I ran 6.5 on my omnia it was pretty stable and the possibility of android running on the touch pro in the near future I must say has me leaning that way. Well that, wifi and free tethering.
    Well do it then. The Touch Pro is a great device and I spent many MANY hours modding it , it was a blast. The Verizon TP has a ways to go though but you know that. Besides that its just a cell phone and where you work for Verizon I'm sure you can still get the Storm2 in another couple months after you get bored with the TP....
    08-18-09 11:00 PM
    I think the storm wins because its doesn't have winmo

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-09 11:08 PM
    Friend of mine has the TP and I have my BB... I love the size of the blackberry vs the touch, and I don't like any phone that comes with a stylus....

I also don't like the slide out keyboard, but that's just a personal preference also...

He's new to WinMo and has some issues, he'd love to customize his phone more, but hasn't figured out exactly how to do that yet, and it has weird issues with windows media player lol. I am so not impressed with it at all.
    08-19-09 12:24 AM
    Wait for Storm 2 (if you like BB OS) or HTC Hero (I see very good things in the future for the android OS + Flash on a phone looks awesome)
    08-19-09 12:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD