1. A little underwhelmed. It was a great device but.....
    2. Random restarts.
    3. 8-10 min restart times
    4. Random "I can't hear you, but you hear me" issues.
    5. Just a slower device.. Especially moving between apps.
    6. Pictures! Quality was poor compared to 8130 camera.
    7. Camera! Mobile cameras are for impromptu candid shots, not "hold on 3 more seconds while my camera loads and auto focuses..." lol.
    8. Accesories? Not as much to choose from as I would have expected... (Crackberry had plenty though! Go team crack!)
    9. Copy and paste much? Whoah! This was frustratingly inaccurate.
    10. No Vlingo support.
    11. No Shozu support.

All things considered, if the phone were free, some of these could be overlooked. But to pay for a phone that doesn't "out perform" your current one... Meh.(like simpsons).

The multimedia functions are very nice... The videos look fabulous on this device. Maps with GPS, also very nice. I almost bought a dock and mounted it in my car.... Would make for a great GPS/phone/media player/ etc. But I was afraid I would watch movies while driving!

Ok Storm.... Not for me today, but I'll catch you in a few months, when the bugs are fixed, and my NE2 kicks in.... Making it free!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-08 09:41 AM
    The new update improved on the speed of opening and switching apps. If the phone restarts by itself, send it for a replacement. As for the accessories and support...the phone has only been out for 2 weeks. Give it time for developers to work on it and manufacturers to mass produce the product.

That is probably one of the reasons why people return the phone within a couple days. They dont give it time. But it should of been prepared better in performance wise.

But app and accessory support always requires time. This was the same for iPhone when it first came out as well as other electronics whether it be a laptop, OS, cellphone, etc.

How long did it take you to type that on the Storm? HAHA
    12-10-08 09:50 AM
    It sounds to me like you just impatient person. Software support will come and we will get all applications running on storm. With calling quality it sound like you have a bad unit, I never problem with my storm, missed couple of phone calls because could not hit answer key, or I should say it did not listen to me.

I am sticking with mine.
    12-10-08 09:52 AM
    No random restarts here. The only problem I can agree on is that the picture quality of the camera sucks unless you are outside in day light

12-10-08 09:54 AM
    Looks like you need to change your Device Model ..

Anyways what a let down. Reading all these negative threads about the Storm.

I hope that the 8900 has less drama when its released.
    12-10-08 10:00 AM
    Lol! Yeah typing on the storm is tough, but it took me no time on my pearl....(I switched back yesterday)

I left that off on purpose... Its not RIM's fault I have big grubby paws... Lol!

Again! I loved the device, just underwhelmed as compared to my speedy pearl!

Less manly named phone, but performance counts!

Ill be back to you soon my STorm!

P~

The new update improved on the speed of opening and switching apps. If the phone restarts by itself, send it for a replacement. As for the accessories and support...the phone has only been out for 2 weeks. Give it time for developers to work on it and manufacturers to mass produce the product.

That is probably one of the reasons why people return the phone within a couple days. They dont give it time. But it should of been prepared better in performance wise.

But app and accessory support always requires time. This was the same for iPhone when it first came out as well as other electronics whether it be a laptop, OS, cellphone, etc.

How long did it take you to type that on the Storm? HAHA
    12-10-08 10:00 AM
    Good call...

I forgot about that. I'm on wap now...(could never reply this fast on the storm! lol!)

I'll get that changed soon!

P~
    Looks like you need to change your Device Model ..

Anyways what a let down. Reading all these negative threads about the Storm.

I hope that the 8900 has less drama when its released.
    12-10-08 10:04 AM
    Wow you have linked to this thread in about half the ones I read today. Troll much? Anyway seems like good reasons. I was thinking of returning mine till my NE2 kicked in, but would only save $10 ($50 VIP vs. $100NE2 - $35 restock fee - $5tax on the rebate that I had waved). How could you can the storm for free? No one got it for free.
    12-10-08 10:40 AM
    Wow you have linked to this thread in about half the ones I read today. Troll much? Anyway seems like good reasons. I was thinking of returning mine till my NE2 kicked in, but would only save $10 ($50 VIP vs. $100NE2 - $35 restock fee - $5tax on the rebate that I had waved). How could you can the storm for free? No one got it for free.
    Storm for free when its gets out and has been out for a while and a new Storm or new product is released.
    12-10-08 10:47 AM
    Trolling= linking to another similar post....um ok.

In 6 months the cost of the phone will drop, my NE2 kicks in... Wirefly will likely promote it free with new activation...etc.

Pretty common actually. Look @ curve now(free-99) vs 6 months ago (199 +).

12-10-08 10:48 AM
    2. Random restarts.
    7. Camera! Mobile cameras are for impromptu candid shots, not "hold on 3 more seconds while my camera loads and auto focuses..." lol.
    8. Accesories? Not as much to choose from as I would have expected... (Crackberry had plenty though! Go team crack!)
    10. No Vlingo support.
    11. No Shozu support.

All things considered, if the phone were free, some of these could be overlooked. But to pay for a phone that doesn't "out perform" your current one... Meh.(like simpsons).

The multimedia functions are very nice... The videos look fabulous on this device. Maps with GPS, also very nice. I almost bought a dock and mounted it in my car.... Would make for a great GPS/phone/media player/ etc. But I was afraid I would watch movies while driving!

Ok Storm.... Not for me today, but I'll catch you in a few months, when the bugs are fixed, and my NE2 kicks in.... Making it free!

I gotta say this is about a 'sellout' of a post. What I got out of this is:
    #1 - I got the latest and greatest but expected it to be perfect. Name me one "Hot" product that ever comes out perfect. Yeah MAC dorks that includes your sh-tty OS too. "More total bugs then Vista it's first year".
    #2 - You wanted to be cool and get the latest toy so bad that you couldn't wait 2 months and have it free? I know $200 isn't a mortgage payment be I damn sure would wait the 2 months. You = Knuckle head
    #3 The slower device has already been dramatically improved with the latest verision update including the portrait to landscape transition.
    #4 You're surprised about the lack of accessories? That DAMN thing just came out a few weeks ago!
    #5 It just sounds to me like you wanted to tell us how cool you were to have the latest and great but it wasn't "up to snuff" for your requirements so you sent it back only to agree to try again once it meets your demands.

I'm out
    12-10-08 11:07 AM
    wirefly, lol. Really way even bring that scam up.

Anyway This phone is not going to be $100. Maybe $150 before production ends and a new one comes out.
    12-10-08 11:25 AM
    2. Random restarts.
    10. No Vlingo support.
    11. No Shozu support.
    1. ??? what more were you expecting
    2. I havn't had this problem at all. Bad phone??
    3. How much media did you have on your SM card? that directly relates to restart times
    4. I've not experianced this. Bad phone perhaps? Did thei problem occur dung Normal use? bluetooth? Speaker phone?
    5. How many Aps do you keep open? I agree this is a problem with multiple Apps open and I hope bugging VZ and RIM will have them reallocate some of the onboard memory for apps.
    6. I havn't printed any of my Pics yet so I can't comment on this.
    7. Agreed the cameraa sucks. I expect this to be fixed with updates.
    8. As others have said the phone was just launched. Give the 3rd party devs time to judge the market & come up with things.
    9. I chalk this up to learning curve. I'm still not great but Better than i was. To me the key seems to be what you are cutting & pasting from where. Some fields on webpages are excrucuating difficult to cut and paste within.
    10. & 11. these are 3rd party dev Apps. you can't blame the phoen for theirr snail pace at developing for the storm.

Bottom line is the Storm (right now) isn't for you, others milage varies
    12-10-08 12:00 PM
    Lol! Name calling are we?

So I'm a knuckle head cause the phone didn't perform the way I expected?

Oh and i'm a sell-out cause I went back to my pearl! Lol. Cmon.

Loved the phone.... Its just not "better" overall than my current BB.
    I'm a BB fan by far...not trying to convince anyone to get anything they don't want.... Just have realistic expectations for the device. Perhaps I did not....?

But you were right about one thing.... I did want the coolest new toy.

I got it and now will turn it back over to some one who will like it....

I gotta say this is about a 'sellout' of a post. What I got out of this is:
    #1 - I got the latest and greatest but expected it to be perfect. Name me one "Hot" product that ever comes out perfect. Yeah MAC dorks that includes your sh-tty OS too. "More total bugs then Vista it's first year".
    #2 - You wanted to be cool and get the latest toy so bad that you couldn't wait 2 months and have it free? I know $200 isn't a mortgage payment be I damn sure would wait the 2 months. You = Knuckle head
    #3 The slower device has already been dramatically improved with the latest verision update including the portrait to landscape transition.
    #4 You're surprised about the lack of accessories? That DAMN thing just came out a few weeks ago!
    #5 It just sounds to me like you wanted to tell us how cool you were to have the latest and great but it wasn't "up to snuff" for your requirements so you sent it back only to agree to try again once it meets your demands.

I'm out
    12-10-08 12:20 PM
    Just be lucky u had a chance to get one, I have to save up my pennies to get one at full retail or wait till 2010 to upgrade. I went to my local Verizon store and cant wait to get one, nice thing about it is by the time I have 500 clams they will have the majority of kinks worked out........hopefully
    12-10-08 01:16 PM
    I come from a Perl (8130) too. I purchased my storm on day one and have used it heavily since. I installed the leaked .75 and now the Bell .76. I "fixed" the keyboard (bad design from RIM) by loosening the screws. Works great now.

...Agreed. There were high (too high) expectations for this device

2. Random restarts.
    ...never had one. I'm always downloading and deleting apps and multitasking (within limits).

...This one always confuses me. I just now took my battery out and waited one minute and inserted it and started the stopwatch. 2 minutes and 43 seconds (when the verifying security goes away) and I can use it. I have never had any abnormally long waits.

...Again, never happened to me and I use the phone a lot for business.

...agreed. Slower than the Perl.

...I have to disagree. While my Perl would take an 'ok' shot once in awhile, the storm is consistent with it's quality. That said, it can't compete with a real digital camera... that's a tiny lens and CCD in there!

...agreed

8. Accessories? Not as much to choose from as I would have expected... (Crackberry had plenty though! Go team crack!)
    ...just wait

...a track ball would be nicer at least with my fat fingers!

10. No Vlingo support.
    11. No Shozu support.

I can understand the frustration you are having with your storm but I really think that you have a defective unit based on points 2,3,4 and possibly 6. I can also type better then on my Perl as I use the landscape (full qwerty) mode. It did take awhile to get used to it, but it also took awhile (and maybe longer) on my Perl.

Hopefully when your NE2 comes up, most of the bigger issues will be resolved. The Perl is a nice phone but really can't compare (at least with me) to the Storm. Let's hope RIM's Storm replacement will address a lot of the physical issues that people are experiencing.
    12-10-08 03:16 PM
    Thank you all for your posts... From others experiences I may have received a "compromised" handset.

Sounds like a lot of people did as well.

Looking forward to the sequel!

P~

12-10-08 08:25 PM
    Just be lucky u had a chance to get one, I have to save up my pennies to get one at full retail or wait till 2010 to upgrade. I went to my local Verizon store and cant wait to get one, nice thing about it is by the time I have 500 clams they will have the majority of kinks worked out........hopefully
    Are you kidding me?? I have Verizon, I upgraded like 4 months ago... but I had to get this and after a littel hagling I got 2 year pricing on it. After the rebate it came out to $200.00. Call Customer Service and your thing.. ask to speak to a boss and tell the you REALLY like the iPhone but don't really want to change carriers but.. you know, if you have to...... etc etc.. worked for me.
    Good luck..
    12-10-08 08:57 PM
    You can't fault the OP. The Storm was hyped to holy ****, and he kind of fell for it and wasn't really prepared to find out it had some pretty serious flaws. It happens....
    12-10-08 10:25 PM
    wirefly, lol. Really way even bring that scam up.

Anyway This phone is not going to be $100. Maybe $150 before production ends and a new one comes out.
    Walmart is selling the storm for $125 with new service... Haha... what a piece of crap this is. Walmart is already pimping this thing dirt cheap.

Popup for Price Too Low To Show
    12-10-08 10:39 PM
    just wanted to correct one thing,

Viingo support has been availibe since launch or pretty close to it. I have had it on my storm since like the third or fourth day i bought it.
    12-10-08 11:20 PM
    Any one has problem with the video recorder yet i can play clips i download but cant play clips i recorde. called vzw but thay could not help me thay said that is a problem thay are working on now.
    12-14-08 08:45 PM
    I stopped at a Verizon store 2 days ago and was told that they shipped all their Storms back for a product recall. I haven't noticed anyone on this site mentioning that anywhere. I can't imagine why they would tell me that if it weren't true.
    12-19-08 09:03 AM
    not to be rude or anything...but why dont people understand that this phone has only been out for less than a month, and they have put out 2 updates already. They know about the problems, and they are working to fix. some people got bad phone...those are just the facts...I'm sorry, I am a VZW rep, and I am just frustrated with the impatientce of people...if your phone is defective, send it in....sorry..that was my little rant
    12-19-08 09:13 AM
    Your loss for not waiting for an update. Sucks to be you. Ever OS update makes this phone better and better.
    12-19-08 09:33 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD