he top 10 pieces of info that will help your storm.
    By. WhitenessJ

This top ten is form y past few days with my sotrm, and issues people have messaged me with it.. any others please post and lets see what the community is made of.

1. "the accelerometer is slow"
    Yes, at first at least. I was on the whole "wait for the update" bandwagon but after a batter pull. Happens on almost every new phone, and a few min of restart....WE HAVE A WINNER. much quicker.

2. "typing sucks"
    If your coming to a touch screen from a normal keypad then it is going to take getting use to. I (until this morning) was using a samsung i760 (normal keypad) but with patience and some changing of how i hold my hands again a winner emerged. Still not quite as quick but lord i have only had it for a couple of hours!

3. "my camera keeps randomly turning on"
    Yeah mine to ....until i realized i was a ***** and kept hitting the soft key w/o realizing it.Be a little careful its soft but again USER ERROR (admittedly i did it too)

4. "desktop manager sucks"
    I couldn't get it to install form the CD when it autoran, but by browsing the cd I was able to install it. and it has worked like a champion. Did go quite slow during the install but if you just browse the crackberry forums during the time it seems quite quick You can also get the manager form The balckberry site. The version on the cd is V.4.7

5. "Visual voice mail locks it up"
    Mine did as well, but after installing the desktop manager. (above) i had it removed then put it back on. (kept VZ nav off.) it has worked like a champion!

Again this is my personal experience. all in all i am very happy with the device and will continue to play and learn! Congrats to those who got a new shiny toy hope this helps.
    Edit/Delete Message

6. "lack of e-mail settings"
    This can be fixed by one of two ways. 1. Before blaming your new spangled phone have you checked your e-mail account. Many people have there account set up incorrectly for pushing e-mail. Some e-mail services will even let you only push cretin folders. also in the phone under messages>>BB key then the 5th form bottom is an options menu.
    The one big thing I have noticed is that if you change setting on your account VIA your actual e-mail account you may want to not only reconcile the account but actually delete and then recreate it on the phone. If you need help with this please ask as I know many VZW store were setting up e-mail for people while others kinda figured you would get it set up yourself.

7. MAPS MAPS MAPS
    Ok so as many people have figured out CURRENTLY there is not a effective way to run Google maps. either for reason A:The GPS is "locked" and its going off triangulation or B: There is a update that Google will update for the storm. As i messed with it i am currently going with the earlier of those 2 reasons. BUT as with most electronics where there is a will there is a way. I have started by COMPLETELY removing any trace of VZ Nav i could find and am now starting to find some common ground to go from there..More to come form some smarter more "hack" oriented person than myself.

8. "key lock makes the phone accelerator SUPER slow on unlock"
    This one i have been bothered by but have fond a small solution and also a positive comment from a vzw employee that i know AND TRUST. The first thing is that when the phone is locked the accelerator is still partly active (the background will switch sometimes) but on unlock the phone is glitching a little not knowing which way to display. Solutions. A: PRESS THE SCREEN NOT THE UNLOCK KEY. if you press the screen first it awakes the phone and puts the accelerator int he correct position. Then you can hit the unlock key. B: if you hit the unlock key w/o tapping the screen then simply hit the green call button the the phone will default to the vertical adaptation, then just hit the end key. (not perfect but better than waiting for the phone to stop freaking out and force it to "get with the program" and finally option C: this is where i have faith in a VZW friend. This is supposed on of the issues that IS addressed in the ohhhh so famous update that many people are waiting on. That info is still to be proven but i do trust her.

9. "the case issue making the phone crash and unusable"
    Ok this issue i did some VERY small scale tests with (not to damage mine as i would no longer be wroth wile on this thread), but i can only say this issue is comparable to the os not having a program like "sticky keys" on windows.Its caused by an imput being repetitively done and essentially using all of the sys mem to complete a non exsitant task. Confused then tap the shift key on your keyboard real fast for about 4 or 5 seconds and i would bet that a little box comes up asking WTF your doing (pretty much). This prevents the same issue and if turned off the computer ignores many of the strokes or at least that's the gen idea of it. Solution:no tight cases form Verizon or that weird cell phone accessory vendor at the mall. Keep it in a nice normal case that isnt one of the silly clip things Verizon tried to pawn off on us this morning. Also buy having the case your not allowing the screen to properly "float" or "wiggle" as people were discussing this morning. I don't know all the tech behind the floaitng screen but i know rim didn't have it all tight for a reason. We dont know everything about it so dont mess with their design. ( @ least yet )

10. "memory card error"
    If your one of the people who is getting a error OF ANY KIND with the card do 1 of two things and you will be good to go. 1: get a adapter that is made for reading cards. (many computers have them built in but some will not take the mico you may still need a different adapter) once in the comp goto start>>>my computer>>>right click on the card and reformat it. Yes it will delete anything on it but heck the card was shipped empty anyway. *cannot remember if the demo song/video were on it but who cares* or option B: goto verizon and say hey thanks for my card with my new storm can i get one that works next time... with a of course. but they may have to ship on to you (depending on store location) this card is conceded part of their hardware so let them mess whit it if you don't want to.

I LOVE MY STORM!!!
    11-25-08 11:45 PM
    good write up .
    11-25-08 11:47 PM
    I don't have any "foxes" why would someone want them on there storm? lol

Side note: isn't the plural for foxes just fox?
    11-25-08 11:51 PM
    haha i know i messed up the title but dont know how to fix it...HAHA whoops
    11-25-08 11:51 PM
    Side note: isn't the plural for foxes just fox?
    No, it's foxes.
    11-26-08 01:17 AM
    That is so funny...everyone asks me..so how do you like it....I LOVE IT! Now get off my kICK...you can't touch it!
    11-26-08 01:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD