Hi gang,

I have just successfully gotten my Storm to work effortlessly on the T-Mobile network with full email/internet capabilities, thanks to your awesome site! I am even able to navigate sites that I could not on my previous BB 8320, (though I hate I have no WiFi.. small price to pay I guess).

So, I have a buddy who, somehow through his ability with his phone to conference, can force the phone to pick up AT&T service when his T-mobile service is in a bad area and then basically switch back and forth at will, and even have the phone automatically pick up the closest tower when his T-mobile service dies altogether. I was just wondering if anyone knew how to do this on the Storm?

This would be officially the coolest thing in the world.

Any thoughts?
    Marcus
    Last edited by Marcusdbd; 05-18-09 at 04:35 PM.
    05-18-09 01:20 PM
    Uhhh maybe your buddy can help you...????
    05-18-09 01:54 PM
    From what i have read there isnt anything you can do to FORCE the phone to see other carriers. you can go into roaming once your signal dies completely. or if you go into Manage connections then Service status you might be able to fool around with something. Im on CDMA so there isnt anything i can do there. but check it out and post back

(and ask your buddy what he did too)
    05-18-09 02:48 PM
    Sure... I will try it and see. I thought it sounded too good to be true, but my buddy swears he can do it. (though he is a software engineer??)

Anyway, I had already asked him how he does it but he has a tmobile g1 phone, so he can't help me with the Storm.

Thanks.

Anybody else ever even heard of this, or is my guy just a big talker?
    Last edited by Marcusdbd; 05-18-09 at 04:36 PM.
    05-18-09 04:33 PM
    Wait your friend is using a g1? That would have been nice to know in the first post..

Umm I don't know much about the g1 so maybe its possible on that platform. I don't know

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 04:37 PM
    Uhhh maybe your buddy can help you...????
    Seems like the logical answer!
    05-18-09 04:39 PM
    Try Options > Mobile Network > Network Selection Mode

Is there an option for Manual? There isn't on mine, but I don't have it running on GSM, I'm on CDMA. Maybe this is available when on GSM??
    05-18-09 04:41 PM
    I tried and tried and tried to do this. There is no way I can find to do it. I even tried to change my home SID with no luck. From everything I've read the only thing you can do is change it from auto to home only. You can also turn off global mode but that would only disable your GSM radio. I tried forcing my storm to alltel and I couldn't do it. There are other phones that will let you just not the storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 04:51 PM
    Thanks for the posts guys. I figured someone else out there had tried to do this by now.

go easy.
    05-18-09 09:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD