Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

3 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Tmobile Sim cards in Verizon Storm phone?

I have a blackberry storm and it WAS on the verizon network. I just called Tmobile and they offered me a free sim card for their prepaid service. Couple questions:

1. Can I use this sim card and replace the one in my storm?
    2. Do I have to unlock it for it to work on the tmobile network before switching out the sim cards?
    3. I am not in front of the phone right now but i believe it does have a sim card right?
    4. I'm no longer a verizon customer so if i pay one of the people that charge to unlock phones here on the forums (i think i saw one for 10 bucks) am i good to go?
    CrackBerry Genius

2,733 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,836 Global Posts

1. Yes.
    2. Yes. But you can do it before or after you switch the SIM card.
    3. Yes.
    4. Yes.
    CrackBerry Genius

2,239 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,244 Global Posts

After unlocking your Blackberry device it will work with any GSM sim card.
    A prepaid GSM sim card will work with any Blackberry device that was unlocked or with a Blackberry device that is branded to the carrier of the sim card

(T-mobile's Blackberry devices (from the same country) will work with your SIM without unlocking - but unlocked device that supports GSM sim cards will work also.)
    CrackBerry Newbie

8 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

and let's not forget about the SIM only option - which is cheaper than opting for pre-paid.
    Last edited by Arlie Magnussen; 02-13-13 at 04:00 AM.