My girlfriend and I just switched to VZW last week and the plan was to get 2 storms. I got one and am happy with it but my girlfriend noted int eh store that she couldn't type at all with it becuase she has (short) nails.

It was a big disappointment, she has a voyager now but is gonna try the dare tomorrow. Im pretty sure that aside from her cutting her nails all the way were SOL but I figured I'd ask about any other ideas.

I know if she touches with the 'pads' of her fingers it will work but she has trouble typing that way.
    01-22-09 10:48 PM
    I know a little about this. The touchscreen is capactitive - meaning it basically needs flesh (using the electrical properties of our flesh) to sense where the screen is being touched (that's why using gloves also doesn't work well).
    01-22-09 10:51 PM
    yeah, that I know, I just didnt know if someone had some crazy mad scientist idea, ie "soak your nails in deer ejaculate!"

ps - cool avatar
    01-22-09 11:00 PM
    Should have her soak her nails in deer ejaculate and then try typing on your Storm. You know, scientific method and all. Report back with your findings.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-09 11:13 PM
    yeah, that I know, I just didnt know if someone had some crazy mad scientist idea, ie "soak your nails in deer ejaculate!"

ps - cool avatar
    Subscribed for results.. ;-)
    01-22-09 11:16 PM
    I am a girl with nails and I came from the Dare to the Storm. The Storm is MUCH easier because it's a capacitive screen. The Dare was too hard on my nails because I had to use them to type.
    01-22-09 11:32 PM
    I know a little about this. The touchscreen is capactitive - meaning it basically needs flesh (using the electrical properties of our flesh) to sense where the screen is being touched (that's why using gloves also doesn't work well).
    I thought the sensors responded to body heat (hence the reason the screen works fine with screen protection). I may be totally up in the night but I swear I read a post about someone who had trouble getting the screen to respond while they were snowboarding (results of the phone being too cold).

Either way good luck with the nails and all.
    01-22-09 11:39 PM
    I cut my thumb nails down to nothing for the storm! Thats how much I liked it. Wouldnt do it for the iPhone though!
    01-23-09 06:52 AM
    I have to keep my nails shorter but worth it to be able to use the Storm.

Go Steelers
    01-23-09 06:55 AM
    Had to file my acrylic nails WAY shorter for the Storm. Actually, just the thumb nails being shorter would probably suffice.
    01-23-09 08:43 AM
    This works...

01-23-09 08:51 AM
    ^^^ Lmao...
    01-23-09 08:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD