Getting your Storm email via an Outlook Express server, are ya? And you say your email still comes to your PC, but has stopped coming to your Storm?

Well, cheer up, Bunkie! The problem is that your e-mails have to be copied to the server before they get sent to your Storm, and it doesn't look like that's happenin'. Assuming that your account is properly set up with correct user names, passwords and e-mail addresses, here's what to do:

1. In Outlook Express, click on Tools, then Accounts.
    2. In the Internet Accounts window, click the Properties button.
    3. In the Properties window, click the Advanced tab.
    4. In the next window, at the bottom under Delivery, check the box for "Leave a copy of messages on server."
    5. Click OK .

That's it, you're done. Your emails should now get to your Storm, and you can send yourself a test message to confirm. If this doesn't work, a battery pull or service book re-send might do the trick.

"But Mr. Bear," I hear you cry, "how come my e-mail worked for as long as it did with that awful box unchecked?" Well, as a very helpful Verizon tech told me over the phone, "it's a hit or miss thing." Outlook'll work for a while with the server not instructed to save a copy, but sooner or later it catches up with you and stops delivering e-mail to your Storm.

Storm on!
    03-25-09 05:58 PM
    By default email clients are set to delete emails off the server if you use POP3.
    IMAP on the another hand works much better. I mean, you can sync multiple email along with your BB with IMAP. Also, if you read an email on your BB (and using IMAP) that email will be marked as read on the server. IMAP is the better way to go, if you ISP/email server provider has that option.
    03-25-09 06:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD