Ok, so the first day this thing came out I got it and ever since have noticed that the Storm doesn't update time zones automatically. I've talked to friends who own other BBs and they say that they won't automatically update time zones. Is this true??? I;m reading pasts posts about this subject on other models but wonder if anything had changed for the Storm.
    Last edited by gmbpilot757; 12-11-08 at 01:06 PM.
    12-11-08 01:02 PM
    Blackberrys are Blackberrys. No reason the Storm would be different.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/expl...e-zones-46190/
    12-11-08 01:11 PM
    Its not hard to do manually but it would be a nice feature to have.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-08 01:13 PM
    I haven't traveled yet with my Storm, but on my 8820 you can set the clock to base itself on the network time (which will change time zones depending on where you're accessing the network) instead of the device's own internal clock.

EDIT: You can do the same on the Storm. Hit the menu key from the Clock app, go to Options, hit the "Set Time" button under the "Clock" section (I think this actually just opens up the Date/Time menu that is available under the main Options menu), and under Date/Time Source choose Network.
    Last edited by kf6tac; 12-11-08 at 01:16 PM.
    12-11-08 01:14 PM
    I agree. I'm in a different timezone every night it seems like and especially setting the alarms to my home timezone gets old. It'd be nice if RIM came out with an option that you could select to auto-update the TZ.
    12-11-08 01:14 PM
    I agree. I'm in a different timezone every night it seems like and especially setting the alarms to my home timezone gets old. It'd be nice if RIM came out with an option that you could select to auto-update the TZ.
    See my edited post above.
    12-11-08 01:20 PM
    Thanx for the tip!..i missed that second menu
    12-11-08 01:35 PM
    I haven't traveled yet with my Storm, but on my 8820 you can set the clock to base itself on the network time (which will change time zones depending on where you're accessing the network) instead of the device's own internal clock.

EDIT: You can do the same on the Storm. Hit the menu key from the Clock app, go to Options, hit the "Set Time" button under the "Clock" section (I think this actually just opens up the Date/Time menu that is available under the main Options menu), and under Date/Time Source choose Network.

I tried that when I initially got the phone and it doesn't update to new time zones. It still stays on you're "home" time zone.
    12-11-08 07:59 PM
    If you travel a lot (thus changing time zones), I suggest getting WorldMate Live:
    WorldMate Download Center: blackberry, windows mobile, symbian, mobile travel software

When I landed at my destination, it popped up and said, "Welcome to XXXX, gave the weather conditions, and asked if I wanted it to change the time for me! Very nice! The program is free, but it does have a paid "gold" subscription that gives it more capabilities. I'm using it with the free 7-day gold trial, so I'm not sure if the functionality is part of the gold capabilities or not.

Something that I know is part of the gold is getting flight status...land at the airport, get the update on your connection and find out which gate it's at. Very nice feature. I'll be buying the gold membership.
    12-11-08 08:09 PM
    It would be nice if it would auto update, but I got used to it. The dual clocks is a nice feature though...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-08 08:41 PM
    I'm new to the BB world (came over from the WM dark side for the Storm) so I have a question on time zones handling.

Is there any way to have different time zones for start and end of an appointment? For example, flight that start on ET @ 11AM and lands PT @ 3PM?
    12-11-08 08:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD