Will The Blackberry Thunder Be Available Thru T-mobile? Anyone Know???
    09-02-08 01:59 PM
    verizon first, its anyones guess where itll come from after that.
    09-02-08 02:02 PM
    Im pretty sure its going by the name the storm though that might change.
    09-02-08 02:02 PM
    Yeah like Soujah said, it's going to Verizon which means it may be a while before it goes to GSM networks if I understand correctly.
    09-02-08 02:03 PM
    verizon first, its anyones guess where itll come from after that.
    NO
    Im pretty sure its going by the name the storm though that might change.
    NO
    Yeah like Soujah said, it's going to Verizon which means it may be a while before it goes to GSM networks if I understand correctly.
    NO

Ok, first off, there is no official confirmation thats it's going anywhere, much less some place particular first. The CDMA model, 9530, is supposed to launch on VZW. It's GSM counterpart, Thunder, 9500, is supposed to launch on Rogers and Vodafone. Nobody really knows weather or not it will launch on one carrier before another. From a business standpoint that wouldn't make dollars or cents. I'd bet it will launch on multiple carriers within a reasonable amount of time within each other. As far as the 9500 working on T-Mo, well, it depends on weather you mean T-Mo's new 3G network or it's current.
    09-02-08 03:12 PM
    Well I don't think anyone knows for sure right now. We've only hear that it will likely be a Verizon exclusive. But a friend of mine saw a blackberry kiosk at his t-mo last week and he said there was a phone with a touchscreen and we asked me what was up (since he knows nothing of bbs). I said that it wwas likely the Thunder and sent him back the next day, turns out the kiosk was still there and the attendant said it was the thunder and that they may be trying to work something out with t-mo. Considering he knows practically nothing about bb news, and I hadn't talked about the thunder I doubt he was lying to me.
    09-02-08 03:19 PM
    Well I don't think anyone knows for sure right now. We've only hear that it will likely be a Verizon exclusive. But a friend of mine saw a blackberry kiosk at his t-mo last week and he said there was a phone with a touchscreen and we asked me what was up (since he knows nothing of bbs). I said that it wwas likely the Thunder and sent him back the next day, turns out the kiosk was still there and the attendant said it was the thunder and that they may be trying to work something out with t-mo. Considering he knows practically nothing about bb news, and I hadn't talked about the thunder I doubt he was lying to me.
    Well, some of us DO know EXACTLY whats going to happen, but it just so happens that it cannot be shared. Also, there was a report on BGR which stated this will NOT be exclusive to VZW.
    09-02-08 03:29 PM
    Well, some of us DO know EXACTLY whats going to happen, but it just so happens that it cannot be shared. Also, there was a report on BGR which stated this will NOT be exclusive to VZW.
    Cool. Thanks for the info.
    09-02-08 03:39 PM
    Why can't we all just be patient and just chill and wait for it to be released..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-08 03:43 PM
    NO

NO
    NO

Ok, first off, there is no official confirmation thats it's going anywhere, much less some place particular first. The CDMA model, 9530, is supposed to launch on VZW. It's GSM counterpart, Thunder, 9500, is supposed to launch on Rogers and Vodafone. Nobody really knows weather or not it will launch on one carrier before another. From a business standpoint that wouldn't make dollars or cents. I'd bet it will launch on multiple carriers within a reasonable amount of time within each other. As far as the 9500 working on T-Mo, well, it depends on weather you mean T-Mo's new 3G network or it's current.

UM what about the I-Phone?? that is making some pretty darn good money. but there will be a rather large delay between when verizon releases the storm and when everyone else is able to release it. kinda like att is the only carrier to release the BOLD on there network for a significant amount of time.

that is the draw for customers but which phone will have the bigger draw is the bigger question, as there are many people that are willing to wait the extra month for a touch screen blackberry.
    09-02-08 03:48 PM
    UM what about the I-Phone?? that is making some pretty darn good money. but there will be a rather large delay between when verizon releases the storm and when everyone else is able to release it. kinda like att is the only carrier to release the BOLD on there network for a significant amount of time.

that is the draw for customers but which phone will have the bigger draw is the bigger question, as there are many people that are willing to wait the extra month for a touch screen blackberry.
    Did you ever realize that the iPhone has sooo much more potential?!

If Apple would provide the iPhone on all major carriers worldwide, then the iPhone would be even more of a monster than it already is... but ATT and Apple have a little buddy-buddy agreement

RIM is not dumb enough to do that... no offense towards anyone, but it is true! Crucial is dead-on... as always. And everything he has said makes perfect sense from a business perspective. It is not like RIM to limit a device and make it exclusive for one or two carriers.

The sole fact that the Thunder has a GSM radio makes this whole theory valid...

As for it working on TMobile... I would be extremely happy and would love to hear more, but it seems like the information is limited at this time!
    09-02-08 03:56 PM

Respectfully, you are wrong.
    09-02-08 04:05 PM
    NO

NO
    NO

It could be GPRS and I'd still purchase it. Hopefully it will work on T-Mo, EDGE or 3G. I need this phone.

09-02-08 04:06 PM
    NO

NO
    NO

First of all, I'm new to Crackberry so please forgive me if this happens to be a redundant question. This is a question to Crucial_Xtreme or anyone else who can shed some insight...will Telus be adding the Thunder, or is it the Storm, or Thunderstorm, or Hurricane, or Typhoon or whatever RIM will eventually label it to Telus's list of PDA devices? I have a month remaining on my two year contract with Telusand ideally I would like to stay with them. However, I have found their latest additions of smartphones are at best humdrum. The new Blackberry touchscreen sounds like it will blow the doors off the IPhone, and my HTC p4000 is running on its last legs. By the way, I find this forum extemely informative.
    09-02-08 04:35 PM
    First of all, I'm new to Crackberry so please forgive me if this happens to be a redundant question. This is a question to Crucial_Xtreme or anyone else who can shed some insight...will Telus be adding the Thunder, or is it the Storm, or Thunderstorm, or Hurricane, or Typhoon or whatever RIM will eventually label it to Telus's list of PDA devices? I have a month remaining on my two year contract with Telusand ideally I would like to stay with them. However, I have found their latest additions of smartphones are at best humdrum. The new Blackberry touchscreen sounds like it will blow the doors off the IPhone, and my HTC p4000 is running on its last legs. By the way, I find this forum extemely informative.
    Welcome to CB! Glad you're here and yes, you can learn alot about the Blackberry device and platform here. As far as your question in regards to Telus, there have been rumors that it is coming. Then some more info leaked and Telus wasn't in the picture. But I did see somewhere that someone confirmed through two sources that it indeed is coming. Honestly, I couldn't tell you if I wanted to. Sorry, I just can't. If I were you, I would wait until Sept 10th at CTIA and see what information is released. One would be inclined to think that RIM would not just offer this device to Canadians on GSM and a CDMA carrier would be in the mix, but you never know. So stay tuned and keep an ear out for CTIA.
    09-02-08 04:57 PM
    So far what I have been thinking is holding true- not necessarily being exclusive to verizon-- RIM will be announcing something soon.
    09-02-08 05:16 PM
    Welcome to CB! Glad you're here and yes, you can learn alot about the Blackberry device and platform here. As far as your question in regards to Telus, there have been rumors that it is coming. Then some more info leaked and Telus wasn't in the picture. But I did see somewhere that someone confirmed through two sources that it indeed is coming. Honestly, I couldn't tell you if I wanted to. Sorry, I just can't. If I were you, I would wait until Sept 10th at CTIA and see what information is released. One would be inclined to think that RIM would not just offer this device to Canadians on GSM and a CDMA carrier would be in the mix, but you never know. So stay tuned and keep an ear out for CTIA.
    Thanks for the info....again, this question may have been answered but will this device have Voice Command, or will it have to be a third party application that needs to be installed? I have this function on my current phone and although its useful, it isn't really user friendly. One last question...will the Storm/Thunder be released (tentatively of course) sometime in October? Sheeshh...I'm asking a lot of questions aren't I?..heehee
    09-02-08 06:03 PM
    is it a coincidence that the rumored release date (10/1) for the Thunder/Storm is the same date that T-Mobile is coming out with their 3G network?

09-03-08 07:34 AM
    That isn't a coincedence at all. MAinly cause that isn't the rumored release date.
    09-03-08 02:38 PM
    I am starting to think that that what was going to be a Verizon exclusive in the US has desolved. We are certain to find out something pretty soon. Here's hoping to a non dumbed down storm on T-mobile!
    09-04-08 02:28 PM
    Why can't we all just be patient and just chill and wait for it to be released..

I am not even thinking about release dates for new BB I am still waiting for OS 4.5 for my Curve WTF!!!!!!
    09-04-08 02:32 PM
    I hope it comes to tmobile!

09-04-08 07:58 PM
    I hope it comes to T-Mobile so I can give my Curve to my boyfriend and not have to go Javalin... As I'd love a BBTouch.
    09-06-08 05:11 PM
    its coming no worries
    09-07-08 02:15 PM
    ummm as it looks, the Javeline will hit T-mobile first within a couple of months..
    But its not certaint yet!
    But I did hear that the thunder/storm will hit VZW 1st..
    But can anyone tell me that the difference between GMS, and CDMA is??
    09-07-08 02:25 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD