Codename: Thunder 9500 series also rumored to be called Storm
    Launch: Q3 (10-13-2008 VZW)
    Type: Full Touchscreen, No slide out keyboard, 4 main physical buttons, Send/Menu/Back/End, Accelerometer, 4.7 OS, Haptics, QWERTY and SureType modes, Copy & Paste, Webkit browser engine.
    Global Device CDMA/GSM.
    Verizon/Vodafone lifetime exclusive with the same exact device. Verizon has a sales quota to meet or exclusivity will be dissolved.
    Possible LTE model in the works for next generation.
    Radios Supported: CDMA 1x, EV-DO Rev A, GSM, GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, and HSPA. Unsure if NA GSM radio included.
    Marketing push starts September (9/10 CTIA announcement) with a release in October on Verizon
    Thunder model # is 9530t with a release date on October 13th on Verizon.
    Visual Voicemail capable
    3.25 inch HVGA 480X360, 2.41" X 4.40" X .54".
    3.2 MP Camera
    1 GB Available onboard memory/expandable MicroSD card.

Rumors also state higher MP cameras (5MP), more onboard 10-13GB, Other carriers like Rogers GSM or Telus CDMA getting the phone.

Sources: howardforums.com, Boygeniusreport.com, blackberrysync.com, crackberry.com
    08-15-08 04:48 PM
    That looks like all the rumors that I've seen. lol.
    08-15-08 07:39 PM
    I will wait for it to hit the stores and check it out cause i'm kind of leery about a touchscreen BlackBerry...
    08-15-08 07:51 PM
    Do want, SO bad.
    08-15-08 10:47 PM
    I don't like the idea of the touch screen blackberry but thats just becasue I don't really like touch phones....
    But the my opinion
    4 some they work great
    08-18-08 08:50 AM
    Good little summary. I hope it has LOTS of onboard memory and the big camera. That would bode well for it's positioning on the market.
    08-18-08 08:52 AM
    I'm not a touch phone person, but I really hope this phone does well. Given BB's reputation, it is sure to steal some market share from other touch phones (read: iphone).
    08-18-08 08:57 AM
    I'm not a touch phone person, but I really hope this phone does well. Given BB's reputation, it is sure to steal some market share from other touch phones (read: iphone).
    OH, you better believe this device is going to take some of Apple's market share!! I'm not really a "touch" person either, but there is just something about this device. I totally love the UI! It's still RIM, but....
    08-18-08 09:04 AM
    I would love to know if any of the "lifetime exclusive" carriers have UMA capabilities... (read: if I buy one from a EU carrier will I be able to use it on t-mobile's UMA service?)
    08-18-08 10:42 AM
    OH, you better believe this device is going to take some of Apple's market share!! I'm not really a "touch" person either, but there is just something about this device. I totally love the UI! It's still RIM, but....
    Question, Crucial: How does the Thunder/Storm's mediaware compare to the iphone's? That may be a huge factor.
    08-18-08 11:13 AM
    Question, Crucial: How does the Thunder/Storm's mediaware compare to the iphone's? That may be a huge factor.
    It stacks up. Like I've said, but somewhat hard to explain. It is definitely RIM UI, all the way. But, It has been tweaked with, ALOT, and is nothing like what's been on any previous device. I dont really dig the Apple anyway, and with what RIM has come up with makes me consider getting a touchscreen. Those pictures that were posted a while back was of a old OS, and things definitely look waaaay better now. Wish I could say more, but just check out some of the rumors in this thread.
    08-18-08 11:21 AM
    Cool. Good to know. Thanks
    08-18-08 11:24 AM
    Good little summary. I hope it has LOTS of onboard memory and the big camera. That would bode well for it's positioning on the market.
    Indeed, I just want to get my grubby little paws on it. The summary was great; however, I would love to see it in person.
    08-18-08 08:15 PM
    Crucial..........Tilt browsing is something we can look forward to right?
    08-18-08 09:00 PM
    I'll have to wait and see it and play with it....looks promising though.
    08-18-08 09:04 PM
    Finally, a reason to stay with Verizon cause I was getting my $175 ready!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-08 09:22 PM
    I would love to see a successful touch screen from RIM that completely blows the Iphone out of the water!!
    08-18-08 09:36 PM
    Finally, a reason to stay with Verizon cause I was getting my $175 ready!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    just curious...why leaving Verizon. I rarely hear complaints about VZ. It seems all complaints are mainly directed at Sprint.
    08-18-08 09:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD