I can't wait to get it!! Any clue when tmobile will get it? I'm gonna skip on the bold and wait for the thunder if its gonna be a long wait for the thunder on tmobile then the bold it is but I'm pretty with my curve for now!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    The Thunder will only be coming out on Verizon in the United States.
    07-20-08 07:04 PM
    The Thunder will only be coming out on Verizon in the United States.
    In other words, for those that keep asking this same question.

1) No Thunder on AT&t

2) No Thunder on Sprint

3) No Thunder on T-Mobile

4) NO THUNDER ON ANY OTHER CARRIER, EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a LIFETIME EXCLUSIVE to Verizon and Vodaphone as long as they meet the quota which we don't know the number.
    The Blackberry Thunder will come out before the Blackberry Niagara(CDMA Bold) on Verizon.
    Last edited by matrix2004; 07-20-08 at 09:11 PM.
    07-20-08 09:09 PM
    The Blackberry Thunder will come out before the Blackberry Niagara(CDMA Bold) on Verizon.
    You seem to know something about the Niagara...care to share?
    07-20-08 09:25 PM
    Niagra...there's a joke in their somewhere for sure.

It has been rumored that because the Thunder is VZW and Vodaphone's big chance to steal some iPhone 3G touchscreen glory, and that Vodaphone and Verizon are now the largest carriers in the Europe and US respectively, getting it on the market is a huge priority for both them and for RIM.

But first things first. The Bold will come first, it's been in development longer, they've been advertising it on their global web site for some time, and it's already in late beta. I think August is a likely release date for the GSM Bold but definitely not for the Thunder, which I don't think we'll see until the end of the year.

Merry Christmas, hope it's good, but don't hold your breath for an August release. Meanwhile, enjoy your Curve.

That's my guess and I'm sticking with it until further notice.
    07-21-08 04:06 AM
    Has anybody seen shots of the Thunder showing a camera, or heard if its going to have one?
    07-21-08 06:30 AM
    Has anybody seen shots of the Thunder showing a camera, or heard if its going to have one?
    Actually, someone reportedly close to RIM and the Thunder said it is going to have a 3.2 megapixel camera. This was in the comments when the "live pictures" of the Thunder came out.
    07-21-08 11:03 AM
    Niagra...there's a joke in their somewhere for sure.

It has been rumored that because the Thunder is VZW and Vodaphone's big chance to steal some iPhone 3G touchscreen glory, and that Vodaphone and Verizon are now the largest carriers in the Europe and US respectively, getting it on the market is a huge priority for both them and for RIM.

But first things first. The Bold will come first, it's been in development longer, they've been advertising it on their global web site for some time, and it's already in late beta. I think August is a likely release date for the GSM Bold but definitely not for the Thunder, which I don't think we'll see until the end of the year.

Merry Christmas, hope it's good, but don't hold your breath for an August release. Meanwhile, enjoy your Curve.

That's my guess and I'm sticking with it until further notice.

Actually, i read somewhere that because RIM is now focusing on the Thunder, it will delay the Bold/Javelin/Niagara but not too much.
    07-21-08 09:42 PM
    No but it will have a camera somewhere between 2.0 to 3.2 MP.

If you look on the pic below, there's a shortcut button on the side for the camera.

07-21-08 09:46 PM
    You seem to know something about the Niagara...care to share?
    I just keep up with all the info from 'insiders' on certain websites on almost a daily basis. Not too much is know at this time about the Blackberry Niagara(BOLD).
    07-21-08 09:50 PM
    Actually, i read somewhere that because RIM is now focusing on the Thunder, it will delay the Bold/Javelin/Niagara but not too much.
    Maybe so, but the Thunder and Niagra are CDMA phones, which don't have a very big audience outside of North America. OK the Thunder will be a world band, dual-mode phone that Vodaphone wants too, but RIM is clearly pushing the Bold out the door first by all indications. Which is logical since it should immediately generate revenue and free up development resources to finish the Thunder relatively soon.

Don't forget that the Thunder is a bit experimental compared to the 9000 series and is a big stretch for RIM since they've never done touch screen before. Meanwhile, the 9000 Bold/Niagra are just updates to their bread and butter product line.

I'm guessing that we'll see the Niagra sooner than we saw the CDMA Curve though, since CDMA is still pretty popular, and Verizon needs something in the face of stiff competition from ATT. (see, I knew there was a joke in there somewhere).
    07-22-08 03:54 AM
    If I were Blackberry, I would be most concerned about releasing the Bold... it's the 'typical' BB and, assuming it is good, it maintains their image as the maven of Push email and 'hard' keyboards. The Thunder is experimental for BB and draws immediate comparison with the iPhone. If it is not as good as the iPhone in EVERY way (including browser, but possibly excluding the App store), it will seriously hurt BBs reputation.

Therefore, release the Bold and then, when it is truly ready, release the Thunder. The only sensible reason for releasing the Thunder first would be if it really is better than the iPhone in every way already, but I find it difficult to believe that this is the case at the moment since no-one has yet reviewed a usable version of it and it would take a month or so to physically make a million or so of them, which would be the demand for an iPhone killer on Verizon. How can you start building them without finishing the development ?

Thus, the Bold will be released by mid-august and the Thunder probably in October for the Thanksgiving to Christmas rush.
    07-24-08 04:24 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD