I know the biggest thing is Threaded Messaging, but question. I just noticed my SMS messages they now show the sent and received in one list. Am I just now noticing this, or is this different? I know it may not be classified as Threaded, but isn't this just as similar?

When I open to view

When I click on Respond.

Am I really stupid and just now noticing?
    07-20-09 05:47 PM
    That's been like that. It's not 'threaded' in the sense of what we're waiting for. Threaded SMS won't be introduced prolly until the entire version on 5.0 or at least the bbm 5.0 is released.
    07-20-09 06:04 PM
    That's been like that. It's not 'threaded' in the sense of what we're waiting for. Threaded SMS won't be introduced prolly until the entire version on 5.0 or at least the bbm 5.0 is released.
    I'm confused....in what sense of "threaded" are you referring to?
    Will it be like an instant messenger where you can just hit "enter" and keep the window open like a conversation?

Otherwise, I don't understand what the fuss is all about...
    07-20-09 06:08 PM
    I know the biggest thing is Threaded Messaging, but question. I just noticed my SMS messages they now show the sent and received in one list. Am I just now noticing this, or is this different? I know it may not be classified as Threaded, but isn't this just as similar?

Am I really stupid and just now noticing?
    I figured this was considered threaded as well...may we are missing the idea or something...
    07-20-09 06:09 PM
    I guess you could consider it a form of threaded messaging, but the one that is supposed to be coming to the 5.0 is where all conversations will be listed under one heading which will be the name of the person you're talking to. So it'll be like the messaging programs keeping all your conversations in one tab which is the contacts name. I'm hoping this somewhat makes sense.
    07-20-09 06:16 PM
    Yeah, you see a "threaded" conversation when you open the message (which is nice), but what people are talking about is having messages from one person grouped into one heading (kinda like Gmail's conversation view) in the SMS folder view, where you would just see something like:

Bree (Mobile) -- 2 new
    07-20-09 06:20 PM
    At first I didn't understand it either but I came to find that's its easier to think of it this way. Its kind of like the how how yahoo IMs are set up. It can be thought of as "bubbles" with each new text being another bubble in your conversation with the person you're texting. Sorry if that sounds confusing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 06:41 PM
    the way SMS is now with berries, i'd say it's more email like, where the reply message is entered above the previous messages, so they're in context, as long as you're hitting "reply" vs "compose sms"...that starts a new "topic".
    07-20-09 07:01 PM
    So it's like BBM. Instead of having every message show up as a new message, it's a chat box, per sender. So they're basically almost there with this, but need to have each new message overwrite/delete the old one. Hmm
    07-20-09 07:07 PM
    well it depends, different people describe "threaded" differently.

some describe it like an I.M. convo,

some describe it where the previous messages are below like in our SMS currently

some describe threaded as some random **** i'd never consider threaded on my own.
    07-20-09 07:17 PM
    this is threaded SMS...IMO the only way it should be.

07-20-09 07:30 PM
    ^^ Win Mo 6 FTW.....god i never though i would say that, they did SMS right though that is for damn sure
    07-20-09 07:39 PM
    07-20-09 07:42 PM
    lol, yes that pop up video!
    07-20-09 07:48 PM
    ^^ Win Mo 6 FTW.....god i never though i would say that, they did SMS right though that is for damn sure
    it is 6.1, running on an old 6700 (was winmo 5.0 only), but its the port over of the Palm Threaded SMS for winmo phones.

so Palm ftw? lol
    07-20-09 08:08 PM
    Palm ftw?
    that's it, i am going to fight you!!!!
    07-20-09 08:15 PM
    that's it, i am going to fight you!!!!
    its gotta be better then winmo....and at least i didnt say iphone
    07-20-09 08:17 PM
    palm is the ABSOLUTE worst EVER!!!

unless you're a doctor or a real estate agent and you're married to some palm only app, there is no reason to want it.

according to some big wig hot shot palm consultant who did some trainings for VZW, the whole OS is written around contacts. everything stems from being integrated into the address book...it's a ******* digital rolodex!!! who wants that???
    07-20-09 08:19 PM
    palm is the ABSOLUTE worst EVER!!!

unless you're a doctor or a real estate agent and you're married to some palm only app, there is no reason to want it.

according to some big wig hot shot palm consultant who did some trainings for VZW, the whole OS is written around contacts. everything stems from being integrated into the address book...it's a ******* digital rolodex!!! who wants that???
    ok, ill give you that. ive never used palm, but i love the look of their threaded SMS, and functionality if its the exact same as the port over.
    07-20-09 08:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD