I'd love to have a phone that i can see without dragging out the reading glasses as I don't use them for anything else. Obviously this will only be an issue for people of a certain age.
    01-03-09 11:34 AM
    I'm not sure how bad your vision is, and althought I don't need glasses, there are quite a few options to make the text larger if need be
    01-03-09 11:36 AM
    I use reading glasses and need them on my Storm. I could set my font even larger (I have it set on 10) and maybe I wouldn't need them, but then so little would be displayed on the screen that it would present other problems.

Also, I don't need them to see the letters on the phone dial pad. I needed my glasses for that too on my Treo.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Sharkz; 01-03-09 at 11:46 AM.
    01-03-09 11:42 AM
    I use reading glasses and need them on my Storm. I could set my font even larger (I have it set on 10) and maybe I wouldn't need them, but then so little would be displayed on the screen that it would present other problems.

thanks, that's what i figured, but i was hoping.
    01-03-09 11:45 AM
    thanks, that's what i figured, but i was hoping.
    Note my edit re phone dial pad. It is very large. Combined with voice dialing and Vlingo, this phone is pretty good for those who need reading glasses. SureType keyboard is also large and while I use my glasses while typing, its more to see what I have typed than it is to see the keys.

01-03-09 11:51 AM
    This Storm is my first BB. The main reason I waited for the Storm was because I could barely read the keypad on the Curve without reading glasses. No problem on the storm.
    01-03-09 11:59 AM
    This Storm is my first BB. The main reason I waited for the Storm was because I could barely read the keypad on the Curve without reading glasses. No problem on the storm.
    i actually just got back from visiting the verizon store and trying it out again without glasses and i can actually see to type without glasses, but I do need them to read what I typed like sharkz said. I can barely see the keys on the curve with reading glasses. I think I'd have a hard time with that unless i was in bright light. the storm was pretty cool. I can tell i'll need some time to learn to type on it but i don't mind that. all in all i was impressed.
    01-03-09 02:26 PM
    I wear glasses most of the time... especially to read... I will admit though, the Storm is very readable. I showed to my friend with Macula Degeneration and he was actually able to move the Storm around and read it. He said it was much better than a newspaper or a magazine....
    01-03-09 04:19 PM
    I wear glasses most of the time... especially to read... I will admit though, the Storm is very readable. I showed to my friend with Macula Degeneration and he was actually able to move the Storm around and read it. He said it was much better than a newspaper or a magazine....
    I thought the same thing. the main thing i noticed needing glasses for was regular type and that can be enlarged. it's the best of the devices i've tried.
    01-03-09 05:26 PM
    One of the reasons I bought the storm was for its readability without glasses. ;-)

01-03-09 05:37 PM
    I find the default fonts to be VERY sharp and clear, and although I use reading glasses for computer work, and to see almost anything within arm's reach, I can read my Storm without them most of the time...

One of the things I LOVE about my Storm.
    01-03-09 05:38 PM
    I increased my font size to 11 and it made a huge difference in readability without taking up too much real estate.
    01-03-09 06:22 PM
    I wear glasses all the time and they are vari-focal so they have the reading glasses in them too. Age doesn't matter though as my 12 year old wears bi-focals already. She started wearing glasses when she was 11 months old and began wearing bi-focals at age 8.
    01-03-09 06:32 PM
    1. Death
    2. Taxes
    3. Reading glasses by the time you're 50.
    01-03-09 06:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD