Hello Crackberry's! I'm new to the Crackberry website, So forgive me if this shouldn't be here. I recently joined because I am very very interested in getting a BlackBerry Storm 2 when it comes out.

But before making my decision I just wanted to check up on the forums to see how Blackberry Storm 1 is doing.

Anyone got any information?
    09-10-09 10:33 PM
    The Storm has a better OS and there are some great apps out there for it. I would read up on the Storm 2 threads and videos. If you buy a Storm 2 you may return before your 30days are up
    09-10-09 10:59 PM
    love my storm one.had a bad os when i bought it,now i have the official .148. im not into downloading butched o.s. hacks so i am keeping the 148 os till they give me another official os update. but i love it and wont get a storm two till they lower the price like the storm one.i paid 199 for it in feb. get the one and try it out.
    09-10-09 11:04 PM
    This is a good spot for this thread
    09-10-09 11:29 PM
    love my storm one.had a bad os when i bought it,now i have the official .148. im not into downloading butched o.s. hacks so i am keeping the 148 os till they give me another official os update. but i love it and wont get a storm two till they lower the price like the storm one.i paid 199 for it in feb. get the one and try it out.
    What do you mean by "butched os hacks"? Most of the leaks are actually official releases from other carriers

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-09 11:37 PM
    Both .151 and .167 are complete OS's. Both are leaps and bounds above the official OS.
    09-10-09 11:40 PM
    I think by butched he means the hybrids and stuff. Anyway, the storm is a lot better than people make it out to be. The reason it gets so much crap thrown its way is because most BB users are so used to the physical keyboard. If you can adapt, you'll be fine. Taht being said, the OS is the real downside to the storm. RIM has not released great OS's period, but the storm really got cheaped out. Although the storm 2 will have a more stable OS, you should wait for reviews to come out before you jump right into it. Hope I was able to help
    09-10-09 11:42 PM
    I like .191 more although I do miss the camera
    09-11-09 12:21 PM
    I'd like to point out that I don't like using any leaked stuff for any reason at all. So that being said, How is the current OS doing?
    09-13-09 02:38 AM
    if you mean .148, it isnt great. Really they just sped up the phone by cutting out little things like color banding. Oh and they added a new keyboard layout, but its pretty stock if you ask me.
    09-19-09 10:40 PM
    Hello Crackberry's! I'm new to the Crackberry website, So forgive me if this shouldn't be here. I recently joined because I am very very interested in getting a BlackBerry Storm 2 when it comes out.

But before making my decision I just wanted to check up on the forums to see how Blackberry Storm 1 is doing.

Anyone got any information?
    i think the storm would have done really well if it was on ATT network to be honest. being that Verizon had so release new OS upgrades to make the 9530 run better that kind of killed it . alot of people were lost because at the start the storm was crap . alot of people who reviewed the storm should have done using the 9500 which is the full GSM version that i am using. the Vodafone gsm version had more updates and performance wise i feel it was better then the 9530 . i used to have the 9530 side by side with the 9500 and the GSM ran better.
    09-20-09 01:21 AM
    I'd also recommend the Official, Mexican-Carrier 4.7.0.151

My carrier only has up to .148 and this one is FAR superior in every way. Plus, it's Official, just not released by MY carrier.
    09-20-09 10:00 AM
    I'd also recommend the Official, Mexican-Carrier 4.7.0.151

My carrier only has up to .148 and this one is FAR superior in every way. Plus, it's Official, just not released by MY carrier.

just for everyone's claification, this is a good post, but only covers the topic partially...the word "official" is very relative..like this user pointed out, it's released by another carrier

for specific clarification, i'd suggest "carrier supported" or "(carrier's name) release"

the word official is just superficial, and doesn't really allow any benefit....122 was official, and it was a POS...just being released by any carrier doesn't make it automatically better, most carriers have different standards and requirements, for example, some carriers don't allow MMS on their blackberries, so their release could have a broken MMS file, which would suck if you can use MMS and you load that OS...ya know?

just thought i'd touch on this while it was here
    09-20-09 02:24 PM
    Good points, patches.

I was trying to point out that not all "leaks" are haxx0r or beta or hybrids, is all.
    09-20-09 09:12 PM
    approved...

that is all
    09-21-09 12:35 AM
    approved...

that is all
    People use the "official" card because some kids are uptight about running leaked software for some reason. As if they might brick their phone or something.
    09-21-09 09:20 AM
    People use the "official" card because some kids are uptight about running leaked software for some reason. As if they might brick their phone or something.
    well if it doesn't work, then it MUST be the OS's fault, right?
    09-21-09 01:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD