Whats going on guys. I am currently using a HTC Touch Pro with T-Mo and am thinking about going to the Storm with Verizon since through work I get a great deal.

I guess I need help going from having PPC's my whole life to a Blackberry. |I have never really like Blackberry's so thats where I need your help in talking me into why I should.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    01-29-09 03:18 PM
    ive never owned one before, and after 2 weeks, i dont think i could live without it. im still using the .75 software, and dont seem to have NEAR the amount of issues as some. it runs kind of slow occasionally, but its not as bad as people make it out to be. overall im extremely happy with it.
    01-29-09 03:22 PM
    30 days to try........

Only you can see if the device is for you.
    01-29-09 03:24 PM
    30 days to try........

Agreed...This is ESPECIALLY true for the Storm if not for any other phone. Since, you have never had a BB before that's a decent learning curve. Even those of BB addicts that have BBs for years are still learning stuff on the Storm.

You can't knock it till you try it...
    01-29-09 03:27 PM
    ive never owned one before, and after 2 weeks, i dont think i could live without it. im still using the .75 software, and dont seem to have NEAR the amount of issues as some. it runs kind of slow occasionally, but its not as bad as people make it out to be. overall im extremely happy with it.
    Thanks for the input

30 days to try........

This is true might keep the T-Mobile on til I try it. Hows the Service with Verizon? Hows the Blackberry Data speed?

Agreed...This is ESPECIALLY true for the Storm if not for any other phone. Since, you have never had a BB before that's a decent learning curve. Even those of BB addicts that have BBs for years are still learning stuff on the Storm.

You can't knock it till you try it...
    This is true also but I am used to being able to hack and program my Touch Pro with all kinds of stuff. Is this the same case with the Storm? Is there a lot you can do to it? I have bad ADD with phones so I get bored very quickly if I cant keep doing stuff to it.
    01-29-09 03:35 PM
    It depends what you're looking for out of the storm

If you can delay gratification to free applications, cool games and other free stuff until the app center matures but want:
    A (imo) nice click touchscreen that makes the storm feel like a very unique and adaptable phone,
    Good service (no discontent with verizon here, great company for phones)
    Business orientated applications / services
    expandable memory (up to 16 gigs, 32 gigs in question but those sdhc cards have not been released yet)
    very nice GUI and interface
    A global phone
    A nice camera
    Easy typing (for me after you get used to the clicking)

Then you'll love the storm.

As I said however, if you want fun free applications and games I would suggest waiting or trying the Iphone.
    01-29-09 03:35 PM
    It depends what you're looking for out of the storm

If you can delay gratification to free applications, cool games and other free stuff until the app center matures but want:
    A (imo) nice click touchscreen that makes the storm feel like a very unique and adaptable phone,
    Good service (no discontent with verizon here, great company for phones)
    Business orientated applications / services
    expandable memory (up to 16 gigs, 32 gigs in question but those sdhc cards have not been released yet)
    very nice GUI and interface
    A global phone
    A nice camera
    Easy typing (for me after you get used to the clicking)

Then you'll love the storm.

As I said however, if you want fun free applications and games I would suggest waiting or trying the Iphone.
    Well thats the thing. In the last year I went through 3 iPhones, 2 Tilts, 1 Dash, 2 G1's and a HTC Touch Pro. I miss the 3G speeds that I dont get with mostly ATT Phones since the 3G network is different. Hows the Verizon Speed?
    01-29-09 03:42 PM
    I am used to being able to hack and program my Touch Pro with all kinds of stuff. Is this the same case with the Storm? Is there a lot you can do to it?
    For the most part this is not possible, especially at this moment in time.

We are all waiting on the BB App Store (pretty much the same as what Apple has for the iPhone) and Plazmic 4.7 so that themes can be created. After these things are released the capabilites and ability to custom the phone are GREATLY increased.

For the most part right now, everybody's storm is the same except for the difference in the few Storm compatible apps and people's wallpapers...
    01-29-09 03:44 PM
    I must say I just switched from my LG Dare to the Blackberry Storm and I absolutely love it. There is definitely a learning curve with the Storm and probably easier for me coming from a touch screen phone but even than I had to learn to adapt to the sure press screen. Now that I have I absolutely love it. It is amazing what this small tool can accomplish. I am in love with mine and don't know how I lived without it for work and even for play. It is a fantastic phone but I again say, give it time to learn. You may want to throw it through a window over the first few days but after you adjust, I am sure you will LOVE it as much as I do..
    01-29-09 03:49 PM
    Hampton University huh!
    01-29-09 04:00 PM
    Well guys it looks like I may have to stick to my Windows Roots and go with the Omnia. More of my style device after reading a ton of stuff. Thanks for the heads up.
    01-29-09 04:03 PM
    Well guys it looks like I may have to stick to my Windows Roots and go with the Omnia. More of my style device after reading a ton of stuff. Thanks for the heads up.
    Well, thanks for stopping by and wasting our time. This is why I never waste time responding to "convince me to buy this" threads. (oops, guess I just did)
    01-29-09 04:56 PM
    Couldn't be persuaded huh... ur loss my friend, ur loss ;o(
    01-29-09 04:58 PM
    Best of luck with your Omni- I predect coming from a TPRO you will NOT like your Omni -

I have been using both the 9530 and i910 - if you like keyboards at ALL the OMNI may drive you NUTS!

01-29-09 05:02 PM
    Well, thanks for stopping by and wasting our time. This is why I never waste time responding to "convince me to buy this" threads. (oops, guess I just did)
    Naww its not that bud but I have looked into it a lot and I cant seem to get answers that I am looking for or hear things that make me say "That is what I want!"

Couldn't be persuaded huh... ur loss my friend, ur loss ;o(
    I couldnt yet. I have been into PPC's Windows phones since the beginning of their time and its just too hard to veer away from them. I will keep my Touch Pro but gonna grab the Omnia and try that out and see if its me. The only phone that I have really really like is the Touch Pro so far that suits my needs.

I just dont think I need the "Business" aspect of the BB
    01-29-09 05:03 PM
    Best of luck with your Omni- I predect coming from a TPRO you will NOT like your Omni -

I have been using both the 9530 and i910 - if you like keyboards at ALL the OMNI may drive you NUTS!
    Thanks bud but like I said I am going to keep it as well. If I dont like it I will just go to ATT to use the full speeds and capabilities my Touch Pro has.
    01-29-09 05:04 PM
    Again, this is why I feel these kinds of questions are pointless. How would anyone here know what device is going to make you happy? It's like asking us to find you a suitable wife in some dumb game show. I'm not trying to be ugly but this forum is designed to help those who are actually using a device to get the most out of it. Why should anyone want to "convince" you to buy it? That's Verizon's job. You could also just check out the FAQ thread as well to see if it might be worth trying out.

Can you imagine how many of these posts we see? And how repetitious it is for regular members to keep answering the same questions over and over?
    Last edited by Evilhomer; 01-29-09 at 05:16 PM.
    01-29-09 05:14 PM
    Again, this is why I feel these kinds of questions are pointless. How would anyone here know what device is going to make you happy? It's like asking us to find you a suitable wife in some dumb game show. I'm not trying to be ugly but this forum is designed to help those who are actually using a device to get the most out of it. Why should anyone want to "convince" you to buy it? That's Verizon's job. You could also just check out the FAQ thread as well to see if it might be worth trying out.

Can you imagine how many of these posts we see? And how repetitious it is for regular members to keep answering the same questions over and over?
    I asked you guys because Verizon tries to Sell you the phone. I know there are honest people on here not trying to sell me anything. Thats why I asked and I told you what my phone background looked like so there may be some people on here in the same boat and into the same thing and I wanted to see what they though.
    01-29-09 06:10 PM
    The Android phone from T Mobile would be the one to get, much more advanced than the Storm and an actual contender for the iPhone.
    01-29-09 06:32 PM
    Storm is the greatest, especially with .90 - best yet..
    01-29-09 06:36 PM
    I have to agree with evilhomer, ultimately, the decision should be left up to you to make the choice. It seems to me you are in a win/win situation. You have up to 30 days to try the Storm and if you don't like it, you return it and get your money back. What's not to like about that arrangement? Instead of asking people what they think of the Storm, why don't you take a flyer and try it out yourself. You should be the one with the critical eye, and shouldn't have to rely on what other people think of the device. Use your god given right to test it out !
    01-29-09 06:44 PM
    The Android phone from T Mobile would be the one to get, much more advanced than the Storm and an actual contender for the iPhone.
    I have already had 3 of them bud. Not a big fan.

I have to agree with evilhomer, ultimately, the decision should be left up to you to make the choice. It seems to me you are in a win/win situation. You have up to 30 days to try the Storm and if you don't like it, you return it and get your money back. What's not to like about that arrangement? Instead of asking people what they think of the Storm, why don't you take a flyer and try it out yourself. You should be the one with the critical eye, and shouldn't have to rely on what other people think of the device. Use your god given right to test it out !
    I thought about it but the more I think about it and look atit, i realize it isnt my cup of tea. Never been a big fan of Blackberry but was thinking that may change. I havent heard or seen anything about it yet that shows me its worth it. I have played around with a friends at work and she took it back the next day cause she didnt like it. My buddy works at a Verizon retailer and says they have sold 12 and 7 of them came back because the people didnt like it or problems with the screen. Not too good of odds if yuou ask me. He said ever Omnia they have sold about 15 has not came back. Plus the Omnia is for us PPC users who are still looking for Windows.
    01-29-09 06:50 PM
    i got one three weeks ago
    i loved it then i hated it
    i went back to my friend that works at the verizon store thinking about trading it
    he ooked at me and said pkay with all the other phones an make uo your mind then
    after an hour i made that ******* give me my strom back
    its not perfect but i love it and as it upgrads it will become perfect
    01-29-09 07:03 PM
    Naww its not that bud but I have looked into it a lot and I cant seem to get answers that I am looking for or hear things that make me say "That is what I want!"

I couldnt yet. I have been into PPC's Windows phones since the beginning of their time and its just too hard to veer away from them. I will keep my Touch Pro but gonna grab the Omnia and try that out and see if its me. The only phone that I have really really like is the Touch Pro so far that suits my needs.

I just dont think I need the "Business" aspect of the BB
    Then why even ask....this should be closed!
    01-29-09 07:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD