As all you helpful people out there! thank you so much for you help

is it me or does everyone have a "loose" screen.. I don't know if it is loose or not.. but is there a way to tighten the screen a little?
    06-09-09 07:20 PM
    this mite help:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/sc...rx-fix-109036/

if u cant "click" on the edges, ur screen bolts in the back of the phone (explained in above link) it is probably bc the screws r screwed too tightly
    06-09-09 07:23 PM
    Is your storm screen has to much movement? There is the torx screws in the back of the storm that you can adjust. But I would not touch them, you will void your warranty.

I think it is better to go to a Verizon store and have them look at it and have them give you a new one.
    06-09-09 07:24 PM
    Is your storm screen has to much movement? There is the torx screws in the back of the storm that you can adjust. But I would not touch them, you will void your warranty.

I think it is better to go to a Verizon store and have them look at it and have them give you a new one.
    Adjusting those screws won't void your warranty (as long as you don't force anything). Many of us have had to "loosen" the screws a bit because our screen were too tight...you may just have to "tighten" them a bit, just don't try to screw them any further than they can easily go. I only had to "loosen" mine a turn or two.
    06-09-09 07:30 PM
    Adjusting those screws won't void your warranty (as long as you don't force anything). Many of us have had to "loosen" the screws a bit because our screen were too tight...you may just have to "tighten" them a bit, just don't try to screw them any further than they can easily go. I only had to "loosen" mine a turn or two.
    Hmm, my bad I guess I miss-read some other threads. Thanks
    06-09-09 07:32 PM

is it me or does everyone have a "loose" screen.. I don't know if it is loose or not.. but is there a way to tighten the screen a little?
    i suppose you could fill in that pesky gap all the way around the screen with super glue. that oughta tighten it up pretty good. and youll never have to woory about dust getting under the screen again.
    no dont do that! im just kidding! id go with the torx adjustment. but yes if you break the red sticker that covers one of the screws, it will void your warranty.
    you just have to be careful with it.
    06-09-09 07:33 PM
    haha.. thank you!
    I will definitely try it with the Super Glue..
    haha.. j/k'
    T-6 is the trick... thanks
    06-09-09 07:52 PM
    I'm not sure if this is what the OP meant, but I've noticed that my screen isn't fixed in place on the phone. I can jiggle it around with my thumb in all directions (not much, maybe .1 mm or so, but it does move)

And my Storm is pretty much brand new. I'm going on 4 weeks now, and I just started noticing the jiggle a couple days ago.
    06-09-09 10:00 PM
    I'm not sure if this is what the OP meant, but I've noticed that my screen isn't fixed in place on the phone. I can jiggle it around with my thumb in all directions (not much, maybe .1 mm or so, but it does move)

And my Storm is pretty much brand new. I'm going on 4 weeks now, and I just started noticing the jiggle a couple days ago.
    that is what i interpreted the original post to be as well...although i dont think anyone else did.

mine has given way to more and more movement quite a bit since i got the phone. not enough to affect the phone...but it is def noticeable.
    06-09-09 10:11 PM
    i just got a replacement phone from verizon store it did not have any red sticker on either one of the screws...
    06-09-09 10:40 PM

I've had my Storm for about four months and I've noticed a definite loosening of the screen, as well. I don't have the dreaded dust under the screen (as yet...knocking LOUDLY on wood), and it has a good click over the entire screen. But, if I give a gentle shake, the screen audibly rattles. I have the mindset of if it ain't broke, don't fix it. But, should it be rattling? Will the darn thing loosen up and fall off??? (Asked half in jest.) I know, I know, if it rattles when I shake it, don't shake it. But, it's therapy for me to give it a little shake when the accelerometer won't acceleromonate. It's stupid to think that shaking it would make it difference, but it's better than tossing it against a wall.
    06-09-09 11:09 PM
    But, it's therapy for me to give it a little shake when the accelerometer won't acceleromonate.
    LOL, nice new word creation!

No, the screen isn't going to just fall out. the bottom part of the screen sandwich (assembly) is wider than the top so the bottom sits behind the trim bezel. It's kind of like having a picture behind a picture frame. The screen moves side to side because it is free floating in there and has no mechanical connection to the phone itself. It is merely supported by four tiny gel like pads and presses a single button when you press down. Not sure if that makes sense, but it's a very simple design.
    06-09-09 11:27 PM
    when i went into my verizon store, the guy handed me the screw driver and said do it yourself lol
    06-10-09 07:31 AM
    t-5 torx bit. what I've done to countless storms is to make sure the screws are tightened just to snug, and then loosen them about 1/4-1/2 turn. might have to do it a little more or a little less (and at that size, more/less ain't much), but it works perfectly everytime.

use a sharp object (push pin works great) to get the sticker off. just try not to damage it. I just slid the pin in one side and slowly rolled and slid the pin across until the sticker came off. it's a very thin sticker, so be careful.
    Last edited by seVer916; 06-10-09 at 08:09 AM.
    06-10-09 08:05 AM
    Try taking a small piece of folded up tissue and placing it on top of the battery. This will push the screen forward causing it to stable. I did this and my screen is perfect now.
    06-12-09 01:20 PM
    Even with all of these fixes, your screen will still probably bounce around, from side to side.

Using a torx screwdriver, or tissue, or whatever you use will probably help your screens "clickability," but the screen still slides around quite a bit.

The idea I had was that someone should make a rubber gasket to go around the outside edges of the screen... kind've like the plastic or metal strips that people place between separate counterops in their kitchen. It could be made in one solid rectangular piece, and the part that slides into the gaps could be small enough that the screen still clicks properly (c'mon, it's rubber.)

It could help keep dust and sand and whatnot out of the screen, and probably also stop the screen from sliding back and forth so much.
    06-12-09 03:40 PM
    Loosen two lil screws under battery door

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-09 12:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD