I am considering buying a used storm basically to complete my VZW blackberry collection and they've become quite inexpensive. Is there a way to tell how old the blackberry is from the phone itself?
    09-29-09 09:48 PM
    Hmmm Im not sure if you can tell by looking at serial numbers or any other identifying #s on it. I have read that people have called into Verizon with the ESN to check the warranty on a berry they have purchased. Verizon will tell you when the phone was first activated. That usually gives you the purchase date (give or take a few days maybe). Im not sure if they tell you if there was multiple users (multiple activations). I would think that they could and would.
    09-29-09 10:04 PM
    If the BlackBerry looks pruned and mushy I would nor eat it.

Chances are that it is not more than the time of release until now. You will have a very small window.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Brockmant; 09-29-09 at 10:32 PM.
    09-29-09 10:29 PM
    Go to otions-status and type "buyr"
    09-29-09 10:48 PM
    Ummmmmmm......check the birth certificate.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-09 06:18 AM
    if it still has original box there should be a build date on it
    Mohsin Ashfaq likes this.
    09-30-09 06:29 AM
    Go to otions-status and type "buyr"
    I tried it with both the quotes and no quotes nothing happened.
    09-30-09 06:54 AM
    check the original box like they mentioned above, there is an date printed on each box. It is usually 6 digits long ending in 09 for blackberrys made this year. Unless you get a first release storm the numbers might end in 08 for december of last year. The first two digits are for day then month then year. hope this helps. btw make sure the esn matches the box so its accurate.
    Mohsin Ashfaq likes this.
    09-30-09 10:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD