I get all my mail through gmail. On my desktop I have Thunderbird [TB] that checks my mail every 10 minutes, which pulls any and all mail from the web server inbox. However, when I open my Storm [not connected to Verizon] and connect to Verizon it downloads emails that I had already downloaded to the TB. Is there a setting either @ the Gmail server or on the BB that causes this to happen, & if so, how do I change that?
    05-07-09 02:39 PM
    There is an option in Gmail settings to 'delete gmails copy' when setting up a POP/IMAP. If you choose that, then once thunderbird gets it, your BB shouldn't pick it up from gmail.
    05-07-09 02:57 PM
    There is an option in Gmail settings to 'delete gmails copy' when setting up a POP/IMAP. If you choose that, then once thunderbird gets it, your BB shouldn't pick it up from gmail.
    Is that @ the gamail website or in the BB? In the BB there is "email reconciliation: Delete on mailbox and hand held" is that it? If so Thanks! [if not.......]
    Last edited by Myronbg; 05-07-09 at 03:11 PM.
    05-07-09 03:07 PM
    That is at the Gmail site. I guess it really only applies if you set up POP/IMAP forwarding.
    05-07-09 03:10 PM
    There are two gmail servers, one for me and one for the rest of you.
    Do you have to pay extra for that?
    05-07-09 03:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD