Ok, I'm a long time reader of Crackberry, but just don't post much, as I can usually "search" and find the answers to my own questions. So pleeez, no flaming on me for that, ok

Two issues I'm trying to solve. The first is that I'm trying to find a way to make the incoming caller's phone number show up in a larger sized font. I have tried messing with all the settings on my Storm, and none of them seem to make the incoming phone number any larger. Is that strictly a function of the THEME the phone is using ?

My second issue involves trying to enlarge the font (also) of TEXT messages, emails, etc. I have gone into my Options menu, and then Screen/Keyboard menu, and raised the font as high as possible, to number 14, but it does not seem to make the font any larger on the texting, emails, etc. It DOES increase the size of font on many other menus though.

One of the reasons I am curious is that I noticed that the new TV show (USA network), Royal Pains, shows several cast members using the Blackberry Storm and they show them receiving text messages with HUGE letters/numbers on a black backgrounded screen. I know, as I freeze-framed the scenes with my DVR to look at it. Ok, ok, I know it is Hollywood, and that you can do anything you want with TV cameras to make something look real, but I thought, "Who knows, maybe they know something about the Storm (or a 3rd party txt/email application) that I don't." And I KNOW quite a bit about this phone, after spending time 5 - 6 times a week reading both Crackberry.com and HowardForum sites. There's got to be some program or way to tweak the Storm where text font shows up in HUGE letters, right ?????

So talk to me if you HAVE answers to either or both of my issues. I'd prefer no "guessing type" answers, as I can do that myself. I'm just looking for answers that someone KNOWS will work. Thanks in advance, as both this site and Howard Forums have been incredibly helpful.
    07-28-09 09:49 PM
    Ok, I'm a long time reader of Crackberry, but just don't post much, as I can usually "search" and find the answers to my own questions. So pleeez, no flaming on me for that, ok

Two issues I'm trying to solve. The first is that I'm trying to find a way to make the incoming caller's phone number show up in a larger sized font. I have tried messing with all the settings on my Storm, and none of them seem to make the incoming phone number any larger. Is that strictly a function of the THEME the phone is using ?

My second issue involves trying to enlarge the font (also) of TEXT messages, emails, etc. I have gone into my Options menu, and then Screen/Keyboard menu, and raised the font as high as possible, to number 14, but it does not seem to make the font any larger on the texting, emails, etc. It DOES increase the size of font on many other menus though.

One of the reasons I am curious is that I noticed that the new TV show (USA network), Royal Pains, shows several cast members using the Blackberry Storm and they show them receiving text messages with HUGE letters/numbers on a black backgrounded screen. I know, as I freeze-framed the scenes with my DVR to look at it. Ok, ok, I know it is Hollywood, and that you can do anything you want with TV cameras to make something look real, but I thought, "Who knows, maybe they know something about the Storm (or a 3rd party txt/email application) that I don't." And I KNOW quite a bit about this phone, after spending time 5 - 6 times a week reading both Crackberry.com and HowardForum sites. There's got to be some program or way to tweak the Storm where text font shows up in HUGE letters, right ?????

So talk to me if you HAVE answers to either or both of my issues. I'd prefer no "guessing type" answers, as I can do that myself. I'm just looking for answers that someone KNOWS will work. Thanks in advance, as both this site and Howard Forums have been incredibly helpful.
    Try using a different font......and btw SOMETIMES TV show's phone screens are computer generated
    07-28-09 09:55 PM
    Msgs received determined @ sender's end i believe as i & others have gotten emails w/quite large type!
    07-28-09 11:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD