Is there information that identifies Storms that are built differently and which are found to be better. For instance, the first Storms out quickly showed RIM their mistakes. Did they then revise the hardware and ship better ones?

tia
    09-01-09 12:07 PM
    While some changes were made to the hardware, I think most of the improvements came in the way of new/upgraded OS'.
    09-01-09 12:30 PM
    While some changes were made to the hardware, I think most of the improvements came in the way of new/upgraded OS'.
    What changes specifically are you referring too? I've never seen anything about hardware changes. I've heard some opinions about whether or not certain Storms are better if they are made in certain countries.

For the OP there are currently two Storms. The 9530 is Verizons, some other carriers have the 9000. To the best of my knowledge there isn't much difference between the two models. The Storm 2 is due out soon, plenty of rumors about what date that may happen.

As far as the OS goes the official OS is .148 for Verizon's 9530, other carriers in other countries have released different versions such as a carrier in Mexico that made the .151 official. Here at Crackberry we are fortunate enough to have a variety of OS's to try out, generally leaked or "Hybrid" makes. The Storm that came out with .65 in it is far different today.
    09-01-09 12:44 PM
    Other carried have the 9500 (not the 9000) just to correct the above post, everything else said is correct

Just to add this as well:

9530 is CDMA and 9500 is GSM, but they are the only differences
    09-01-09 12:52 PM
    What changes specifically are you referring too? I've never seen anything about hardware changes. I've heard some opinions about whether or not certain Storms are better if they are made in certain countries.

For the OP there are currently two Storms. The 9530 is Verizons, some other carriers have the 9000. To the best of my knowledge there isn't much difference between the two models. The Storm 2 is due out soon, plenty of rumors about what date that may happen.

As far as the OS goes the official OS is .148 for Verizon's 9530, other carriers in other countries have released different versions such as a carrier in Mexico that made the .151 official. Here at Crackberry we are fortunate enough to have a variety of OS's to try out, generally leaked or "Hybrid" makes. The Storm that came out with .65 in it is far different today.
    The 9000 is the Bold. The Storm is the 9500 and the 9530.
    09-01-09 12:54 PM
    The 9000 is the Bold. The Storm is the 9500 and the 9530.
    My bad guys I meant the 9500 of course.
    09-01-09 01:37 PM
    Think in Dec 2008 minor hardware changes were made.
    09-01-09 01:48 PM
    from what i heard it was more QC/build process changes, not necessarily hardware changes...meaning a new piece of hardware was used instead of something from the launch model, but i may be wrong...do you have a link or anything transfigured? i'd love to read it if you remember where you read it
    09-01-09 02:53 PM
    @patches152: Idk. It was several months ago on CB. Do a s----h...lol.
    09-01-09 08:12 PM
    Nothing was ever stated or shown here of any hardware changes to the Storm. Some said the color hue of the screen was different between the Mexican and Canadian models. Later, the Hungarian models showed up. Many were taken apart and I would have assumed someone here would have published the differences found, if any.
    09-01-09 08:35 PM
    Well, word is that some of the newer Storms (mostly made from Hungary) came with a 1-piece hard button instead of the initial 3-piece hard button.
    09-01-09 09:04 PM
    Well, word is that some of the newer Storms (mostly made from Hungary) came with a 1-piece hard button instead of the initial 3-piece hard button.
    I'm still trying to figure out how that could be. It would be possible to go to two buttons, but one that does four functions? How can the buttons teeter? Unless the actual button material is soft and pliable?
    09-01-09 10:17 PM
    Other carried have the 9500 (not the 9000) just to correct the above post, everything else said is correct

Just to add this as well:

9530 is CDMA and 9500 is GSM, but they are the only differences
    I was under the impression that the Storm was not made primarily as a GSM phone (9500). Our GSM carrier here (rogers) does not carry the Storm. Only MTS and Telus (here in Manitoba), and they have the 9530.
    I was under the impression that the first Storms to come out were 9500, and the newer ones were 9530 (ones with bugs worked out).
    09-02-09 12:22 AM
    Thanks to all responders. I learned a few things.
    09-02-09 10:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD