The camera takes like 3 seconds to actually capture the image. I never get the shot I want. Is there a way to get the Camera to work better
    12-07-08 06:49 PM
    i havent said much about the camera, or anything else, but to be honest - i cant understand how the slow camera actually made it past all the meetings RIM and VZW had about the phone. I mean, did they all just leave out testing the camera? or did they just try it and say "noone will notice"

who knows.
    12-07-08 06:52 PM
    nothing you can do , exept not use it....... its useless
    12-07-08 06:56 PM
    That sucks you think they would address it in a os fix
    Last edited by Evil Sports; 12-07-08 at 07:09 PM.
    12-07-08 07:07 PM
    i agree...almost inusable.
    12-07-08 07:08 PM
    Just tried turning the resolution down and setting the quality down and it was a little faster but not fast enough to warrant turning it down that low.
    12-07-08 07:08 PM
    The camera takes like 3 seconds to actually capture the image. I never get the shot I want. Is there a way to get the Camera to work better
    Not really the phone. Camera's with these small lens and higher pixel count take a long time too. High Pixel count is over rated and it just lets you know how big the picture will be. Set your storm camera options to:

1. Picture Size: small 640x480
    2. Picture Quality: Fine or Normal
    3. When taking a pic, hold the camera icon to focus it before clicking it to take the picture.

This will be somewhat faster because it won't take as long to process the image. This also depends on how much light there is. The more light the better.
    Last edited by Jascias; 12-07-08 at 07:24 PM.
    12-07-08 07:10 PM
    he camera is dreadful. who knows what the **** they were thinking... its like they didnt even test it.
    12-07-08 07:11 PM
    I've found it takes better, faster photos if you turn off the flash. Yes, it's bright but it washes out anything you're taking a photo of - and frankly, the BB cameras just seem to take really great photos in low light anyway.

Try it - you'll be amazed.
    12-07-08 07:31 PM
    Yeah I've been on the phone with VZW all afternoon about my phone. The camera and the OS. I freakin hate this phone now. Rest assured I'm getting another 1 ordered come Monday morning.
    12-07-08 07:34 PM
    You guys are using the camera wrong. In order to use it correctly, you have to point it at a piece of paper that has red blue green on it with little squares of the same color.
    12-07-08 07:45 PM
    WOW guys stop the whining on the camera its a phone. If you need a real camera than go buy a " REAL CAMERA". If you wanna see a laggy cell camera try using the old samsung a990 which also had a 3.2 cam. and that was f** laggy. This thing way faster but you guys just want to gripe on any little thing. I doubt this will ever be fixed cause I'm almost sure that this a hardware issue.
    12-07-08 07:47 PM
    N0 saving this camera....it really is the w0rst.
    12-07-08 07:47 PM
    Mine works just fine with Flash OFF, Medium size and Normal Quality. It's not an artist's piece of equipment but sure good enough to take pics and e-mail as needed.
    12-07-08 07:53 PM
    I think it's pretty good. The only problem is the SLOWNESS of the picture taking. I'm sure it'll be resolved with an OS upgrade sometime....

Sometime...
    12-07-08 07:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD