On a BES so have to have the password locking.

Corporate just minimized the minimum lockout time to 10 minutes. This is killing the functionality of the phone.

Instead of trying to defeat the locking, is there an app that could mimic a keystroke every 8 minutes to trick the storm into NOT locking?

Seems like it would be very simple to create and I could keep all of the security protocals fulfilled.

Anyone heard of such an app or have another solution?
    04-17-09 04:38 AM
    Sounds like something you could lose your job over....
    04-17-09 06:39 AM
    haha, obviously you work in an environment where security is fairly important. I'd think you would respect that and maintain your phone's security features as installed.

You could always get an app for the user that touches the phone every 8 minutes, unless you're getting up and walking away from the phone, in which case the security is functioning exactly as it was designed.

Don't mess with it, its not worth your job or your company's security. That is unless you work for RIM, in which case, if you're looking to lose your job anyways, why not leak us some betas first.
    04-17-09 07:43 AM
    Just asking if anyone knows of such an app.

I understand the risks involved in using one.

Perhaps they could "turn off" such an app when the accelerometer sees no change for a given period of time (i.e. it is left sitting somewhere).

I take it with the responses, no app exists....?
    04-17-09 11:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD