I keep reading about VZW blah, blah, never anything new about Telus. The only thing I have gotten from my source is: first of Dec 8/9th and 2 new commercials lol!! That's really it. although they did update there data packages to offer more unlimited internet. no flyers have been sent, no update on the website about the storm. Really there isn't anything that is a confirmation. Source did give me a 650 price tag NO contract another person told me they don't think it will be that much. But after seeing VZW I think it might.
    11-12-08 06:01 PM
    I called telus yesterday and all they offered me was 100$ off the full price which I believe is pathetic. Been with them for nearly a year on my plan. I'm sure with more diligeance I should be able to get a better deal. Some guy over at howards (5 months contract) got offered 300$ off along with waiving cancellation fee

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-08 06:39 PM
    Sarah I know theres a Telus party on Dec 2nd. I haven't heard anything different than Dec 8th. I will definitely let you know if I do though.
    11-12-08 07:00 PM
    well my husband is getting 300 off the no contract price as well but he has 16 months left on his contract and will have to re-sign a 3 year. he is still trying to debate if we should just get my storm and he will just settle and not use the credit, because he really dont want to sign a 3 year lol!

Thanks CX, I was hoping you would see this atleast we would know if there was any light in the distance lol!! thanks for any update.

I called telus yesterday and all they offered me was 100$ off the full price which I believe is pathetic. Been with them for nearly a year on my plan. I'm sure with more diligeance I should be able to get a better deal. Some guy over at howards (5 months contract) got offered 300$ off along with waiving cancellation fee

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-08 07:15 PM
    It appears that it will be $299 on a 3 year and $599 for full price. I already posted the pic in this thread, instead of reposting you can see it here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...123#post957123

Also from HoFo that is what the Bell price is, and you know they are going to be the same:

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - View Single Post - So I just activated my first BB Storm
    11-12-08 09:52 PM
    Thanks spektakle!
    11-12-08 10:32 PM
    do you have a better link to the holiday mall? tried to google but not luck. thanks for the information as well. I guess that is better than then the 650 price i got. so i will be out of pocket 299 plus this crazy tax lol! still pretty good i guess.
    thanks and I never look on the Telus group guess I should. i did a search and it brought up SOOO much stuff and i got tired of reading it lol!!

It appears that it will be $299 on a 3 year and $599 for full price. I already posted the pic in this thread, instead of reposting you can see it here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=957123#post957123

Also from HoFo that is what the Bell price is, and you know they are going to be the same:

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - View Single Post - So I just activated my first BB Storm
    11-12-08 11:09 PM
    from what i gathered its going to be 649.99 like the world phone. I hope with verizons release on the 21st it will help push up telus. heres hoping nov 28
    11-13-08 02:23 AM
    www rogersradio ca/mall/967-chym-fm/#/telus/

96.7 CHYM FM Virtual Holiday Mall

299 on a 3yr vs 199(249 w/o MIR) on a 2yr... wow
    Last edited by jhero; 11-13-08 at 07:19 AM.
    11-13-08 07:10 AM
    Actually, I hope Telus doesn't release the phone until December 8th. That will give us a couple of weeks to see how people on Verizon like or dislike the phone.
    11-13-08 08:58 AM
    Ok, Telus is obviously testing the Storm. I just got word that they(Telus) have two more revisions before the device is ready to go.
    11-13-08 02:43 PM
    I guess that is a good thing they are wanting to make sure that the product is good, right? lol! looks like they will be doing us the way At&t did about the Bold. And CX how is it that Rim is here in Canada and they don't release to us? I mean seriously if it's just down the street then what are they just now testing shouldn't they have done this already? lol!!

Ok, Telus is obviously testing the Storm. I just got word that they(Telus) have two more revisions before the device is ready to go.
    11-13-08 02:49 PM
    I guess that is a good thing they are wanting to make sure that the product is good, right? lol! looks like they will be doing us the way At&t did about the Bold. And CX how is it that Rim is here in Canada and they don't release to us? I mean seriously if it's just down the street then what are they just now testing shouldn't they have done this already? lol!!
    Ok, first off, originally it was just Voda and VZW. It wasn't until after that the contract & negotiations it was decided about the canadian companies. So Voda & VZW had a earlier start than the Telus or Bell. They've been testing it, they just have 2 more revisions to go. That's not bad at all. Looks like early December.
    11-13-08 03:20 PM
    Also, revisions are only taking around 4 days between each other. So both revisions should only take 7-10 days max to complete. Considering the stability Verizon and Vodafone(RIM also) have found, the Canadian carriers shouldn't have too much to improve upon, and it shouldn't be much longer before it launches. Considering the launch party isn't until Dec. 2nd, I don't see how it would go before then, but you never know.
    11-13-08 07:24 PM
    well you already knew that I had 8/9th in my head and was fine with that date but since the others was going to happen the next 2 weeks I was hoping lol! not a big deal I will slobber over the Voda & VZW storms lol!!

Also, revisions are only taking around 4 days between each other. So both revisions should only take 7-10 days max to complete. Considering the stability Verizon and Vodafone(RIM also) have found, the Canadian carriers shouldn't have too much to improve upon, and it shouldn't be much longer before it launches. Considering the launch party isn't until Dec. 2nd, I don't see how it would go before then, but you never know.
    11-13-08 07:41 PM
    Ok Sarah, as I said the launch party is Dec 2nd. I've found out that all training must be completed by Dec. 5th. So technically it could be available then, but Dec 8th still looks like the date.
    11-14-08 03:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD