View Poll Results: How did you come to the Storm?

Voters
184. You may not vote on this poll
  • Past experience with touchscreen and I like the Storm.

99 53.80%
  • No past experience with touchscreen and I like the Storm.

75 40.76%
  • Past experience with touchscreen and I don't like the Storm.

6 3.26%
  • No past experience with touchscreen and I don't like the Storm.

4 2.17%
    I'm in the same boat as OP.

Moto Q -> Treo 700 -> Storm

Love my Storm. I played with a coworkers 8900, and though I like the physical keyboard, I love the large touchscreen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-09 10:10 PM
    I haven't had any previous experience with touchscreen phones. I went from a Q9m to the 9530. Love it, even tough it can be a PITA.
    04-03-09 10:17 PM
    i had an curve at work and since there wasnt much to do, i got very acquainted with the curve. when my renewal came up, i got a pearl, and now have the storm
    04-03-09 10:47 PM
    Kyocera POS
    Lg8300
    Storm

Aka crap to less crap to awesome

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-09 10:52 PM
    Hmmm... 140 votes, and 7 dislikes. Take that, you haters!
    04-03-09 11:00 PM
    i came from the razor--samsung flip-both ways and now the storm. so of course i'm happy as a clam b/c i can do so many things now. i'm very electronic savvy so everything is pretty easy and intuitive to me.

I can see how avid BB users would hate a touch screen. If you already know the system like the back of your hand using the trackball-- then yes reaquainting yourself with no buttons to a CLICK touch screen would be annoying.

I feel if you want a large screen and better browser experience and still want great e-mail service then the storm is a great phone. If you're a verizon customer and don't want to switch to At&t for an i-phone then this is a great phone.

You simply can't have it all! To be honest, i think its silly that avid BB users are 'shocked' by the storm not being up to par. If there's no trackball and no buttons then of course everything (OS set up and menus) is going to be different to navigate.
    Last edited by jade30; 04-03-09 at 11:03 PM.
    04-03-09 11:01 PM
    Also people that are ok with the device growing with them like it more .. than people who want it perfect right now.
    04-03-09 11:02 PM
    The Storm is my first "smart phone" of any kind that I have ever owned, and I love it. It took me a bit to get used to the touch screen, but now I love it. I like that it clicks, because you have a lot more control than on other touch screen phones, like the Dare.

The large screen is what sold me on it. It is simply amazing! No more cramped little screens, with buttons that just take up space!
    04-03-09 11:36 PM
    ive liked my storm alot since ive had it.
    04-04-09 12:16 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD