Verizon and I got disconnected by accident when I was on the phone with them. They went so far to call me back twice before I answered, to make sure I got everything done before the disconnect.
    03-05-09 12:46 PM
    I had only had my Glyde about 6 months (and exchanged it twice in that 6 month period) and received a flyer saying i was eligble for upgrade to a Storm, the store wouldnt honor it (said they couldnt) but the rep over the phone said no problem, just have a store employee call us and tell us they have the flyer in hand and they would honor it. Even received the Storm overnight at no cost after being told it would take a week.
    Also a VZW rep is the one who told me to come to Crackberry to get free ringtones. Have been with Verizon since their start and never had a prolem they didnt take care of.
    03-05-09 12:50 PM
    (2 Storms now thanks to the BOGO being retroactive).

That BOGO on the Storm being made retroactive said LOTS to me about customer satisfaction. I could understand them doing that for those who'd just purchased the Storm right before the offer was made or something, but to go back and offer it to every Storm purchaser from November 21st?
    Whoa!

Since when? I bought two freakin' Storms in December... no one offered me jack... except considerably higher monthly phone bills...
    03-05-09 01:03 PM
    I have been with Verizon since they were AirTouch and I have never had any problems with them. I have always had great customer service in the stores or on the phone. Even online once! The experience is what you make it.
    03-05-09 01:06 PM
    Last weekend, a friend of mine called Verizon because he was unable to log into his account online. He got stuck on hold for a long time (which is pretty rare with them, in my experience, but it happens sometimes). He eventually hung up. We went about our business for a little while (probably 30 minutes or so) and then he gets a phone call. It was VZW Customer Service calling him back to finish the job. We are all pleasantly surprised by that one.

There is always the chance you can have a bad experience with a specific Rep from time to time, but they usually seem to do things right.

-SR-
    03-05-09 01:36 PM
    I love Verizon's customer service. I'm greeted by name in my local store. If I call, I get prompt, courteous support. I get followup phone calls as well. I'm not a business user either. Just 5 lines on a family plan (2 Storms now thanks to the BOGO being retroactive).

That BOGO on the Storm being made retroactive said LOTS to me about customer satisfaction. I could understand them doing that for those who'd just purchased the Storm right before the offer was made or something, but to go back and offer it to every Storm purchaser from November 21st? WOW! 4 months of retroactive days to make good on. That is just unheard of these days. Yes, it will make money for them and that's why they do it. They are a business and that's what they are supposed to do when they provide a service.

I've been with them for almost 5 years (and 8 with Vodafone in the UK before that) and don't plan on going anywhere else.

What did you have to do to get that? My wife and I got Storms when they were released. We'd love to get a couple hundos back if VZW is offering.

-SR-
    03-05-09 01:41 PM
    I must have a crappy Verizon store because my first storm would barely even stay on. Cut off every 2 minutes and was VERY laggy. I pretty much had to fight with them to give me a new one and I had only had it about 3 days. On top of that...they wouldn't give me one from the store...I had to wait and get one shipped because the girl was too lazy to do it herself.

On the bright side...my new one works perfect! =)
    03-05-09 01:44 PM
    I wonder.....

I have had no complaints with VZW so far, and I sure hope I dont have any in the future. I have already went in to exchange my wife's Storm due to lack of clicking near the corners. It was fast and painless for the most part...

...now that she has this seemingly perfect clicking screen on her phone, its making mine feel all funky. I am sort of tempted to go in and exchange mine as well now. Crap, as anal as it seems, im thinking of doing it anyway.....
    03-05-09 02:14 PM
    I must have a crappy Verizon store...I had to wait and get one shipped because the girl was too lazy to do it herself.
    Downers Grove, Illinois?

I had the same problems, the girl at my store was rude, told me that my problem wasnt "that big of a deal" so I would have to wait to have one shipped. Even though I couldn't send emails, calls dropped and failed left and right, and the back button didnt work. (But I did walk out with a half-torn business card behind my battery that wasn't there when I went in. Nice of her to tell me she did that.)

Verizon sucks.
    Last edited by clonehappy; 03-05-09 at 09:05 PM.
    03-05-09 09:03 PM
    Downers Grove, Illinois?

I had the same problems, the girl at my store was rude, told me that my problem wasnt "that big of a deal" so I would have to wait to have one shipped. Even though I couldn't send emails, calls dropped and failed left and right, and the back button didnt work. (But I did walk out with a half-torn business card behind my battery that wasn't there when I went in. Nice of her to tell me she did that.)

Verizon sucks.
    I also had an issue with 2 stores complaining about the muffling of my storm, both just told me that's how blackberry's are and refused to swap out or assist me. The customer rep I had over the phone was no better. Coming from Tmo whose customer service was always great made me think I should cut the service before my 30 days. Then I talked to our business rep who sent me a new phone, and listened exactly to what my problem was, and was disappointed that my local stores weren't helpful, and upset they tagged my account with poor notes of my complaints and what they did to resolve them. My faith has been renewed. CSRs are hit and miss.
    03-05-09 09:15 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD