Hey guys, I need some help...I want to send text messages with my bb storm to Russia, but Verizon charges 25 cents per sent message and 20 cents per received text message...is there any way to get around this?
    01-06-09 09:08 AM
    You can sign up for a messaging plan for $5 and up.
    01-06-09 09:22 AM
    email from device to device. Thats included in your data plan and would not cost you extra.
    01-06-09 09:23 AM
    Verizon doesn't offer an international text plan, even though i have the unlimited data and messaging plan...and i dont think the person im trying to reach has email on her phone...
    01-06-09 09:29 AM
    Verizon doesn't offer an international text plan, even though i have the unlimited data and messaging plan...and i dont think the person im trying to reach has email on her phone...
    What about one of the IM programs available on the phone? Most are available on regular phones too.
    01-06-09 09:32 AM
    IM programs...that may work...which do you recommend?
    01-06-09 09:35 AM
    most (if not all) cell carriers have emails associated w phone numbers. ex/ verizon customers have [email protected] . if you find out this email extension for your friends in russia, you can send them "emails" to their text inbox. this should solve the problem.

i believe there's a thread on here somewhere that lists the email extensions for the major carriers.
    01-06-09 09:36 AM
    BB messenger or AIM depending on if they have a BB or not
    01-06-09 09:37 AM
    IM programs...that may work...which do you recommend?
    They all work equally as well. I would go with whatever they have available on the other end, as you have the choice of pretty much all of them.
    01-06-09 09:37 AM
    IM+ is amazing. You can install the trial version on your storm and use it for seven days. The trial version includes 10 free sms (or 10 sms credits, whatever it means).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-09 10:02 AM
    You can sign up for a messaging plan for $5 and up.
    This is not going to include international text messaging. All VZW text message plans are for DOMESTIC text/pix/flix/mobile IM.

The easy way around this is to send your friend in Russia an SMS message to their email address.
    01-06-09 10:04 AM
    have that person get AIM or yahoo messenger on their phone and go that route...its free and you dont have to deal with any free trials and all that other nonsense....most cells phones right now can make use of instant messengers
    01-06-09 10:11 AM
    Use MSN, most of my foreign friends prefer that messenger.
    01-06-09 11:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD