Hi. I've never deleted a text message, i probably have a few thousand. Now, whenever I open one from a certain girl, they take forever to open and even longer to send a response to her.

To solve this, It would be nice to create a new folder where I can stick all the texts from her. However, I can't figure out how to do that. This would be the best solution.

Another option is using the 'saved messages' folder, which I'm fine with, but I can't find out how to move messages in bulk. If i select multiple mssages, i see the 'file messages' option, but i only get sms inbox/outbox and sim inbox. I can select multiple messages (using the two finger trick) but i can't figure out how to select more than what is currently displayed on my screen.

I'd really prefer to keep them on my phone (anywhere is fine).
    07-23-09 03:36 PM
    No dice on keeping em on storm (in/out of saved msgs) & resolving issue. Store on computer?

Messages > menu > view folder > w/in each > hilite date > menu > delete prior + battery pull (w/device on).
    07-23-09 03:55 PM
    i'm not terribly opposed to archiving them on my computer if there was a simple enough way to view them (without having to restore them on to my phone, thats just annoying). However i'd really like to organize my messages on my phone so i have them.

Moving them to another folder, on the media card, anywhere, i don't really care. I just dont want to delete them.
    07-23-09 04:02 PM
    Msgs can't be stored on media card far as i know & moving em 2 saved msgs folder won't free up file space.
    07-23-09 04:18 PM
    Note: if u paste em into a document via computer or word2go on storm, storage on media card wd be doable.
    07-23-09 04:37 PM
    Why not delete them?
    07-23-09 04:52 PM
    deleting them is not a solution. I can't believe more people haven't encountered this problem.

Is there a way to view the text messages after i back them up on my desktop?
    07-24-09 06:42 AM
    Think rather than backup u wd send msgs 2 laptop > delete on BB > view only on said laptop.
    07-24-09 08:38 AM
    how do i view text messages on my laptop after i back them up? I was under the impression i'd have to restore to my bb to do that.
    07-24-09 01:13 PM
    I am having the same issue. Whenever I text anyone, my phone takes at LEAST a minute to open each message and a least another minute to send the reply. Is there anyway to make this speed up? I don't want to delete my msgs, and I don't want to store them on my computer/seperate file. I just want my phone to speed up.

Sometimes when I receive a txt and try to open my txts folder it will act as if i have not clicked it, yet everything/anything else will open. Any solution to this?
    01-15-10 10:50 AM
    Wonder why deleting is not an option?

Pictures in there that you want to keep?

Just save the pictures,,, have to imagine you are doing your phone no justice by keeping thousands of messages, how important can they really be?
    01-15-10 11:00 AM
    No pictures, just messages. I've deleted some of them, but recent ones I would like to keep. Even when deleting some of them, it still reacts very slow.
    01-15-10 11:04 AM
    First thing, how much space do you have available? Check this by going to options>status. If you have a low amount of free space and a lot of messages your phone will start to run slowly. This could also affect your speed when opening/sending texts/emails.
    01-15-10 12:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD