I find the Storm to be a little bit too minimalistic for full on web browsing and lugging around a 17" notebook is too awkward so I'm considering the purchase of a netbook. Thinking I could tether to the storm when WiFi is not availible. I'm on vzw and have tethering. Is it possible to tether my Storm to a netbook or notebook using Bluetooth? It would be nice not having to carry a USB cable everyplace and it would free up the Storms USB port for a power supply for those extended browsing sessions.

Is this possible or am I smoking CRACK????

The Storms browser is a dissapointment, even with .148 it is still too slow, jerky and qwerky. My old dial up connection for my desktop was at least as fast most of the time. The storms screen freezes and the pointer is often hard to navigate accuratly. Some times when it is acting up I feel like throwing it into a wall. All that and a lot of sites like ebay don't allow for a full feature viewing experiance like an actual computer does.
    06-27-09 02:25 AM
    Hey, I also want to tether thru Bluetooth. It seems so much cooler than the cable

JIM
    08-02-09 10:10 PM
    No. It isn't possible.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 10:14 PM
    I find the Storm to be a little bit too minimalistic for full on web browsing and lugging around a 17" notebook is too awkward so I'm considering the purchase of a netbook. Thinking I could tether to the storm when WiFi is not availible. I'm on vzw and have tethering. Is it possible to tether my Storm to a netbook or notebook using Bluetooth? It would be nice not having to carry a USB cable everyplace and it would free up the Storms USB port for a power supply for those extended browsing sessions.

Is this possible or am I smoking CRACK????

The Storms browser is a dissapointment, even with .148 it is still too slow, jerky and qwerky. My old dial up connection for my desktop was at least as fast most of the time. The storms screen freezes and the pointer is often hard to navigate accuratly. Some times when it is acting up I feel like throwing it into a wall. All that and a lot of sites like ebay don't allow for a full feature viewing experiance like an actual computer does.

It's not possible, but also not worth it. A netbook comes with an embedded broadband aircard that uses VZW EVDO-A network. So even if it were possible to tether your BB, you'd be accessing the same network that you do normally. lol. So basically getting netbook solves your problem, without having to even worry about tethering.
    08-02-09 10:29 PM
    It's not possible, but also not worth it. A netbook comes with an embedded broadband aircard that uses VZW EVDO-A network. So even if it were possible to tether your BB, you'd be accessing the same network that you do normally. lol. So basically getting netbook solves your problem, without having to even worry about tethering.
    You do realize there are netbooks sold that are not the VZW netbook right?

OP: Yes you can tether your Storm via Bluetooth. I have done it with Ubuntu NBR, Windows XP and Windows 7. You don't HAVE to use the Verizon software but it does make the connection easier.
    08-02-09 11:54 PM
    Hey, I also want to tether thru Bluetooth. It seems so much cooler than the cable

JIM
    It's less wires,but the transfer speeds are faster with directly connected.
    08-03-09 12:34 AM
    Yes, it's possible,and a netbook with an embedded card will cost you another $60 a month.
    08-03-09 12:37 AM
    Don't believe those who say it is not possible. It is and works great - now if I could just get bluetooth working on my new Laptop...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 12:49 AM
    Bluetooth with MAC works awesome. You will need the data plan enabled or pay 50 bucks and go with tetherberry.
    08-03-09 10:24 PM
    You do realize there are netbooks sold that are not the VZW netbook right?

OP: Yes you can tether your Storm via Bluetooth. I have done it with Ubuntu NBR, Windows XP and Windows 7. You don't HAVE to use the Verizon software but it does make the connection easier.
    I completely realize that there are netbooks that aren't from VZW. But his carrier is Verizon. I was merely giving him options relevant to his current carrier.
    08-03-09 10:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD