Hi everybody new to the forum. adivice required please.
    i have used my curve 8310 as a tethered modem with my laptop ok in the past using the usb cable, with desktop manager 4.2.
    i have now bought a new storm.
    first problem the storm will not connect to 4.2 so i had to install the 4.7 manager which came with the new fone.
    the problem then is there is no option to connect with the usb to a com port.
    so i tried with blue tooth. I can pair the fone to my laptop with no problem. but not to the desktop manager.
    the options regarding bluetooth remain light grey.
    any help advice appreciated.
    thanks
    12-31-08 07:07 PM
    I use VZAccess Manager to tether my Storm to my Laptop. I had to install the Blackberry Version that came on the CD that was included (ver 6.9) walked threw the wizard and it works great.
    12-31-08 07:16 PM
    I use VZAccess Manager to tether my Storm to my Laptop. I had to install the Blackberry Version that came on the CD that was included (ver 6.9) walked threw the wizard and it works great.
    did you have to pay additional for the VZacess?? this was the problem i had with my treo700wx. verizon said i could tether it..but i would need to buy another data plan on top of my current data plan for the treo. but i ended up coming across a 3rd party software called PDAnet which works great VIA bluetooth.
    12-31-08 07:57 PM
    12-31-08 08:04 PM
    Hi, where do i get this program VZAccess Manager from?
    I assume this is used in place of the BB desk manager.
    does it matter who your operater is? I am with vodafone Espa�a.
    as i said i have previously used my curve as a tethered modem with no probs.
    but cannot conect the storm in the same way.
    01-01-09 10:14 AM
    Not sure but VZAccess is Verizon's software.
    01-01-09 10:20 AM
    Guys, Vodafone have an app for setting this up for their networks, its really easy to use. Also it suppports Bold and a bunch of opther 3G handsets too.
    Called via the phone.
    It is available from the betavine website www dot betavine dot com

Flyer
    01-21-09 08:41 AM
    Anyone has done this using bleutooth?
    01-21-09 09:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD