When I am typing in 5.0.0.191 (or almost any other version) I keep having a problem where I press on a key on one side of the keypad and a completely different letter (often from the other side of the keypad) highlights and shows up in the text box. What on earth is happening? I have tried doing a million battery pulls, but I keep having the same problem. Does anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks (an sorry if this has been posted a million times)
    09-04-09 05:08 PM
    Ive noticed a bit of difference typing on .191. When I go to select links most of the time it will hit the one above or below, or choose the key to the left or right. Here are a few things you can do to determine the problem.

1. Turn keyboard sensitivity down in options>screen/keyboard.

2. If that doesn't work try wiping the phone and installing an older OS, or reinstalling .191

3. If you still have typing issues on a new OS with adjusted sensitivity, most likely it is a hardware problem and you should check into getting a replacement phone. (just be sure to load back to .148 as they may not accept it if a different OS other than the official is loaded on.)
    09-04-09 05:30 PM
    I don't see a keyboard sensitivity option... maybe that's another problem? I could try wiping and reinstalling... But I wiped before I installed .191 in the first place. Will it still help? I really hope I don't have to get a replacement. I just bought Garmin last month, so if I got a new one that would be $100 down the drain. Thanks for the reply btw.
    09-04-09 06:09 PM
    keyboard sensitivity is on the very bottom of the screen under touchscreen in your screen/keyboard options. try lowering the hover period and stuff.

If it is a hardware, they will replace it for you even without insurance and should be of no cost to you. Not your fault they sold you a defective storm right? Good luck and hopefully either a settings change or an OS re-load will do the trick, it would suck to have to wait for a replacement.
    09-04-09 06:13 PM
    This happens a lot due to the screen being greasy or your fingers being moist. Wash your hands, wipe your screen clean and try again.

EDIT: And Im being serious, really. So dont take offense to my suggestion please. Hope this helps.
    09-04-09 07:36 PM
    This happens a lot due to the screen being greasy or your fingers being moist. Wash your hands, wipe your screen clean and try again.

EDIT: And Im being serious, really. So dont take offense to my suggestion please. Hope this helps.
    its true, not making it up lol
    09-04-09 07:38 PM
    This also happens to me occasionally when I try to type too fast and have say my left thumb on the key I want to press and my right thumb on the next key, when I click it thinks my right thumb is the one I want and hits that key, if that made any sense lol
    09-04-09 07:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD