Recently my storm has had awful battery life. I charge it all night then go to school which lasts about 7 hours. By the time school is over it is completely dead. Even when I turn the phone off it dies. I went to the verizon store and the guy said to update the os. I didn't think that would do anything but I still go home and update to the latest official release but it is still having the same problem. If anyone can help I would be grateful.
    11-03-09 06:41 PM
    battery is under 1 year warranty...yours might be bad. They should replace it if you are persistent
    11-03-09 06:48 PM
    Are you closing apps all the way or using an app through out the day? Like Facebook. That causes a quick battery drain.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-09 07:02 PM
    Also lower your backlight settings and put the phone on 1XEV if its on Global.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-09 08:00 PM
    I updated to the new OS and its alot better.
    11-03-09 08:02 PM
    It is dead even if I have the phone off during school. Is it possible for the battery to "leak"?
    11-03-09 08:07 PM
    I'm using the new 328 and battery life is amazing...even with apps open all day running. Possibly like others stated that you may not be closing apps properly or some of your 3rd party apps are killing it?
    11-03-09 08:16 PM
    I am not running any apps when my phone is on. It loses battery even when off
    11-03-09 09:07 PM
    Same here. I'm lucky if I get 7 hours not even using the phone. I have two batteries same thing. Prior to loading 5.0 on the 26th, I would get up to 3 days on either battery.
    11-04-09 07:51 AM
    Also, set your GPS to 'E911 Only' instead of 'Location On'. I do this and turn it on when needed (or plugged in).
    11-04-09 07:55 AM
    What aren't you people getting? The OP said it does it even when the phone is TURNED OFF... sounds like the battery went bad.. and yes they can do that at anytime.... i had one on a previous phone..(not a BB).. that worked great... ot 3 days out of it.. for almost 3 months, then all of a sudden it wouldn't hold a charge for over 12 hours..... my advice to u linkfan is go to a vzw store and tell them this , and have them test the battery.. more than likely they will just replace the battery for you.
    11-04-09 08:22 AM
    this happens to me also.. i cannot hold a charge, ever since the new OS... i have NO apps running in the background and a brand new battery
    11-04-09 09:00 AM
    Well my dad went to the Verizon store today and they gave me a new battery. The technician there thought the phone was too hot so she said they would mail me a brand new storm. This is a lot better than I expected from Verizon customer support.
    11-04-09 07:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD