If u want to block bis email without blocking the internet, goto the email setup application, then highlight ur email address, then click bb button then filters. Then click when no filter applies, donot forward messages to device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That was my first thought too

If you are on BIS, you can log into the BIS site and turn off forwarding of emails to a device (it is a filter setting).

When you return, and have checked (and deleted or moved to folders) your emails from a PC, you can then turn forwarding back on.

Remember that even if you turn off forwarding, all messages that are "new" to the device will be forwarded to it when you turn forwarding back on.
    But your firewall suggestion would block only the email, not Internet access too.
    06-05-09 05:32 PM
    I have never understood why people want to turn off email? Isn't that the main reason for having a BB?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

read the op's statement again

some people have a BB simply for work and not for always enjoyment.. Cellphones are a dog leash sometimes you just need to get away

Is there a way to temporarily stop your email from going to your Storm? I am going away this weekend, and don't want my emails being sent to the phone. I will be out of service for most of the weekend anyway. I am still learning this phone.. but I love it!

Also, is there a way to add/remove icons on the phone's main menu as well? There are a couple that I don't want on there and a few that I do.

Thanks everyone!!

Jen
    06-05-09 05:36 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD