Hey so I know I'm going to get blasted for asking this here but in my defence since joining the crackberry nation I've been nothing but impresssed with how tech savy the people are here so I thought this would be the best place to go.
    I'm on my fourth Storm and Telus is currently sending me my fifth refurb and they've told me if I have issues with this one I will have no choice but to pick another device. while I could go with the Curve I was really hoping to retain something with the nice big screen (like the storm) I'm an artist and I love being able to show off my work on my Storms big beautiful screen.
    Can anyone offer any assistance to me to try and figure out what device I should try next? Has anyone played with or owned any of the other Teus phones such as the Treo? or Htc Touch? are either of them worth my time? I want something that has the big screen but is also functional for other things gaming, doc viewing/editing with lots of media capabilities and some good apps? do they offer anything good?
    And Yes I know I could go into a Telus store and ask them but I don't trust them to tell me the truth and I've yet to be to one that has all the phones as demos that you can play with and see what the actual experiance is.
    Any one offering assistance without bashing me would be great because as I've said I like my Storm and will only be changing devices against my liking if this 5th one is garbage as well
    05-16-09 11:14 AM
    Well, why are you returning the Storms?

Stop returning the Storms and you won't have this problem...
    05-16-09 11:17 AM
    Storm 1 the screen stoped clicking, Storm 2 reset every time I got a call.Storm 3 the screen burnt out waiting for it to reboot one day the screen went black and wouldn't some back and Storm 4 is being replaced because pixels are buring out and there is so much dust under my screen that it looks speckled. I know it's a good phone there are some people on here still with there original Storm I just keep getting the rejects it seems and I don't want to get stuck with a crap one when there ARE good ones out there thats why I keep getting them replaced!!! I paid for a good phone i expect a good phone
    05-16-09 11:40 AM
    All kinds of user reviews on cell phones here...
    Cell Phones Etc. | Reviews & Comparisons of Cellphones & Plans

You should try and hold on until the storm2 comes out.
    05-16-09 11:50 AM
    Wow you have had some bad luck! I'm one of the lucky ones and still have my original storm from December. No issues what so ever other than a bad bettery that was replaced last month. Good Luck, to answer your question I don't think you will find a smart phone from Telus that has as large a screen as the Storm.
    Perhaps you should have asked the Telus rep to send you a NEW Storm instead of a Refurb due to the constant and legit hardware failures that the others had. After 4 replacements, all of which had hardware issues that are legit sounding, you'd think they'd agree to just send you a new one instead.
    Storm 1 the screen stoped clicking, Storm 2 reset every time I got a call.Storm 3 the screen burnt out waiting for it to reboot one day the screen went black and wouldn't some back and Storm 4 is being replaced because pixels are buring out and there is so much dust under my screen that it looks speckled. I know it's a good phone there are some people on here still with there original Storm I just keep getting the rejects it seems and I don't want to get stuck with a crap one when there ARE good ones out there thats why I keep getting them replaced!!! I paid for a good phone i expect a good phone
    you do not need to explain yourself why you went through so many storms. I'm currently on my 10th storm and I'm so sick of trying to explain myself to people when they ask me how the heck I go through so many storms. No need to explain urself to anyone
    05-16-09 11:51 AM
    I've been trying to get a new one since Storm 3 the best Telus will do is offer me a new one at the original contract price of $200 cdn they wont give me a new one although they told me after I pay $200 for a new Storm I can then sell my broken one to some poor soul to try and make some of my money back (they actually told me that...to sell the broken one) I'd love to wait for the new Storm 2 but I doubt Telus will ever consider any kind of trade up for it for the original Storm users that aren't satisfied and besides I'd have to get a 1st gen Storm that would actually work for long enough for me to wait for the Storm 2 I keep hoping though
    05-16-09 12:11 PM
    Damn, then Telus blows. With Verizon, if you get 2 or 3 warranty replacements within 30-60 days back to back, they automatically send you a new one after that, no questions asked.... but the replacement must be for legit warranty claims and failures.
    05-16-09 12:13 PM
    I really want to like this phone right now I've 30 apps on it and a theme and I'm still booting up with 40mb of memory on the official .122 after using Shrink an OS and BBfilescout to get rid of the Garbage I was on the .141/5.0 hybrid and my phone was a monster then that could have crushed most other devices like it I just keep getting stuck with ones that are sub standard it's fustrating that the phone can't keep up with what it should be capable of and the design of the phone that was supossed to set it apart has instead set it behind the others (I only say this because most of my problems have been screen related)
    05-16-09 12:20 PM
    If this phone turns south for you yet you still like the phone itself I would push for a new unit. Don't let the reps in the store push you around like that. The are not the ones paying the monthly bill you are. If you don't like the answer you are getting go over their heads.
    05-16-09 12:33 PM
    Plus I don't think Telus can do that.. if RIM has the warranty for bad phones.

Hey I can be wrong though, but that sounds stupid to be your last 5th and final "we just don't want to deal with it anymore" thing.
    Bad Telus.
    05-16-09 12:40 PM
    I don't think they can deny warranty claims like that. The warranty is provided by RIM and they will support the product. if they refuse I would look into your consumer laws and see what kind of assistance you can get.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-09 12:50 PM
    well I'm glad that I might be able to fight for it gonna keep trying it baffles me too that Telus just wants me to pick a diffrent phone so I'll stop ******** they should stand behind what they sell even if I have to go through 12 Storms to get one that works like everybody elses lol but then again Telus also told me my original Storm wasn't broken when the screen stopped clicking the help they offered was to guide me through reinstalling my OS to fix the problem lol couldn't seem to get the rep to realize hardware problems versus software issues and they didn't think the inabliity to click the screen was really an issue as it would still register my touch lmao come on?
    05-16-09 01:05 PM
    Have you just talked to the reps in store or have you actually called their customer support 800 number. Try getting the number to their loyalty and retention line, they are really the only ones with half a brain and the ability to really help out a pissed off customer. The reps in store are just trying to make a buck and likely want you to pick a different device because they are sick of dealing with your problems, even though obviously the problems are not your fault. Good Luck and don't settle for a model that you don't want, you signed up for a storm so stick with it if that's really what you want.
    05-16-09 01:38 PM
    Telus gave me the same ultimatum with my 8830, all legit failures finally they said choose another BB or a PCS phone!!! The only other berries they had at the time were the 8703 and Pearl. I was pissed.
    05-16-09 01:56 PM
    just wait tell the new one comes and and tell them u want to cancle ur contract with them and see if they wont give u the storm 2 thats how i got my curve
    05-16-09 02:50 PM
    You're just not talking to Telus properly. First of all, they don't have the option of requiring you to take a different phone the next time. The warranty is on the storm, therefore they are required to provide replacement storms for one year as long as the one they provide has a manufacturers defect.

That being said, I know for a fact that after your third warranty replacement, if you push them they will reopen your account to full offers. You should have all the same offers as if you had no current contract with them.

My suggestion would be to simply demand a new storm or that your contract be cancelled...once they have cancelled your contract, go get an Iphone. The storm isn't for everyone, and the Mac products are supposed to really cater to artists of all types.
    05-16-09 03:39 PM
    Talk to Loyalty. I myself am about to go into my 5th Storm. I have also just been getting some bad units. I tend to just call in and explain the issues I am having. explain that I do enjoy the device (which I do), and I just require a unit that is going to work properly.

They have been incredibly understanding with me. I have recieved a ridiculous amount of credits(which I didn't even ask for..they paid my bill for 2 months actually..my ENTIRE bill..for 2 phones!) and they continue to send me replacements. I think it comes down to how you approach them, I have been offered several other model phones.. I have simply declined (if I am going to switch I would much rather wait for the Tour) and explained that I prefer this model and it's capabilities.

They thank me for being so understanding and keep boosting the offers on my account that I can take advantage of at a later date. I only signed this contract in January and I am already eligible to get my next phone at end of contract/promotional pricing...

I would say just talk with them firmly but patiently. and see where it gets you. Oh and as far as refusing you another device goes. Telus can't refuse a warranty that is established by RIM. So just keep swapping out until you get a unit that works well for you.
    05-17-09 01:45 AM
    This is why I got the extended warranty with my phone. When they replace my phone, its with a new phone, not a refurb.
    05-17-09 02:01 AM
    My 5th storm is in the way. I called the 800 number and explained my situation, they gave me a $300 discount on any other phone if i want to switch. I think Ill get the new storm, sell it as a new storm, and hold out until the storm 2 comes out. I was talking to Telus today about the storm 2, the guy had said that if it doesnt come out in november it probably wont come out until next year. We also discussed the priority focused on the iphone thats awaiting its release, so the chance is growing that they might put the storm 2 on the backburner until they get a successful release and ensure a stable market. Im in saskatchewan so I guess ill be stuck with the touch pro 2 if no storm 2 releases soon.
    10-26-09 02:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD