Hi, I recently started getting dust under my screen. I took it to my local Telus store and told them the problem. They told me they don't replace phones with physical problems. I was surprised I was not going to get a replacement since I've seen many people on Verizon get replacements for things like that. Has anybody had luck in Canada?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-09 01:58 PM
    hey, i did the same. the lady said to put a case on it. i went to another where i did not purchase from and the salesman said that shouldnt happen bring it where you bought it and they should send you a new one... wtf?! but as for the case, well im going to go back and argue we shouldnt need to use a case to keep the dust out... I would like to know as well if anyone has had any luck!!
    05-25-09 08:05 PM
    I think the Verizon owners have insurance
    Call customer support and tell them then they will tell the store to take it back since they out rank teem

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-09 08:14 PM
    I'm on verizon and it may be the insurance. But I think it's easier if you call in and tell them the problem. If you keep calling they'll usually replace the phone. Or if you go in and tell them that it turns on and off randomly or keeps dropping calls they will usually replace it as well
    05-25-09 08:44 PM
    Telus is garbage and cheap I wouldnt count on them giving you a replacement, last time I went for a replacement for my pearl for an issue with the charging port they said it would take 3 weeks and they offered to give me a loner phone for an 80$ deposit. So I b****ed and complained to the actual call center not the dumba** telus reps and got a curve for 25 dollars. How does that make any sense I dont know but that just proves how stupid telus it.
    05-25-09 08:50 PM
    Call customer service...i asked to talk to a manager and complained about the telus store and the service rep told me they didn't want to lose my business and gave me a free Storm and i got to keep my old one too!!!
    It's all in how you talk to them.
    05-25-09 11:01 PM
    i will give them a call tomorrow hopefully i will have a new storm shortly!! thanks for the info
    05-26-09 03:00 PM
    Wow... I can't believe their cust svc would be so bad. They should take a hint from the companies that have the lowest churn rates (people leaving for one reason or another) and notice the trend. I work in a retail location... and with as many Storms I have seen that had issues, 9 out of 10 were education issues, or a software glitch easily rectified by a batt pull. I have never seen a way a cust could damge the seal underneath the screen on their own. I would call their cs and tell them you have heard that earlier release storms had a defective/under-engineered dust seal, and you simply just want it replaced.
    Everything i have heard so far about Telus is shotty at best, sorry to hear about the bad luck, hopefully they take u into mind instead of stupid corporate red tape. Good luck
    05-26-09 03:12 PM
    Wow... I can't believe their cust svc would be so bad. They should take a hint from the companies that have the lowest churn rates (people leaving for one reason or another) and notice the trend. I work in a retail location... and with as many Storms I have seen that had issues, 9 out of 10 were education issues, or a software glitch easily rectified by a batt pull. I have never seen a way a cust could damge the seal underneath the screen on their own. I would call their cs and tell them you have heard that earlier release storms had a defective/under-engineered dust seal, and you simply just want it replaced.
    Everything i have heard so far about Telus is shotty at best, sorry to hear about the bad luck, hopefully they take u into mind instead of stupid corporate red tape. Good luck
    So there is supposed to be a dust seal on it? After two weeks with a brand new Storm I noticed a speck under the screen on mine, tried to clean it (I am picky about dust) and sure enough it was under the glass. Do i get a new one? Oh btw it was bought new from an official VZW kiosk 3 weeks ago.
    Last edited by jeffmeden; 05-26-09 at 03:31 PM.
    05-26-09 03:28 PM
    It is better to call retention for such issues. Going to a store is a waste of time unless you are there to confirm thing such as (items on your contract or picking up a new handset).

When you are talking to retention do the fallowing:

1) Calmly explain what is going on with your phone and that all you are asking is a replacement storm to replace a defective device.

2) Tell them you have been with Telus (since 19XX or 2XXX) amount of time and that you hardly complain etc...

3) (And this important, say in effect...) That you want to stay with Telus; it is just that your device is giving you such problems.

This usually work with them, if you are not getting what you want,politely end the conversation and then call in a later time.
    05-26-09 03:47 PM
    So there is supposed to be a dust seal on it? After two weeks with a brand new Storm I noticed a speck under the screen on mine, tried to clean it (I am picky about dust) and sure enough it was under the glass. Do i get a new one? Oh btw it was bought new from an official VZW kiosk 3 weeks ago.
    Yes there is a dust seal under the screen. if yours has failed, and you got the phone less than a month ago, go back and have them replace it for a brand new one. If they tell you it is not replaceable, take it to mgmt. Let them know that you KNOW there is a seal there, and if you have debris under your screen, it can only get worse after time.

One way I have seen to clean them pretty well is to use a lower powered vacuum around the edges of the screen, and throughout the back nooks and crannies. usually works pretty well... just don't press too hard on the front or you will scratch your screen and/or the chrome trim
    05-26-09 03:55 PM
    Telus is DIRT. pure and simple. Terrible cs.

I was inquiring about the 30 return they offer after I got my phone from a telus store in a mall, they said there WAS NO SUCH POLICY. (WHAT THE **** )

Went in to the store (was right at 30 days and the screen was getting "soft to click...this was before i knew about the torx screwdriver adjustment) and thought I'd give it a shot (why not get a new unit before the 30 days are up if there is a problem) the people at the store did the exchange, no questions (i had to bring in the full receipt/invoice though)

Got to test the new phone to see if it clicked right and everything. My new unit has been great. (old one prly would have been good with an adjustment to the tension screws, but w/e)

it did, however, made me REALLY worry about trying to get a replacement if this one dies later...telus is a JOKE.
    05-26-09 04:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD