I have a couple problems and hope someone can help:

1. I have a Unlocked telus 9530 (runs on CDMA).. can't get the browser to work or read Rogers (gsm) settings? Anyone can help?

2. I put the SIM card in and everytime it asks if I want to automatically detect CDMA or GSM.. how do I turn this off?

3. "Activation Required" and My Number ... how do I get rid of the "Activation Required" and How to change "My Number"?

Thank you
    06-08-09 03:01 AM
    Go to Manage Connections > Mobile Network Options. Is Network Technology set to GSM/UMTS? If it isn't, it needs to be.

To change My Number, dial ##000000
    Change the Mobile Directory Number to whatever number you want it to be, press the BB/menu button, select Save, let the phone reset.
    06-08-09 03:11 AM
    ##000000 send... doesn't work... it says Invalid Password
    06-08-09 03:15 AM
    ##000000 send... doesn't work... it says Invalid Password
    Try ##111111.

Edit... Nevermind. You said it didn't work either. It worked for someone else using a Telus Storm.
    06-08-09 04:06 AM
    anything else?? PLEASE HELP
    06-08-09 04:37 AM
    Wait so if i Unlock a Bell Storm to use on Rogers, browser will not work and the ''activation required'' message will show?

or is that only depending on the phone and that I might not have the same problems?
    06-08-09 07:49 AM
    I could be wrong but you would have to push the service books for rogers and have a BB data plan with them.I'm not sure but would the PIN need to be released to Rogers BIS to work with their service?I know there are people here that use the Storm with Rogers so hopefully they will chime in.
    06-08-09 07:56 AM
    For item 1 does the phone say edge or EDGE?
    You won't have a browser till it says EDGE. This may depend on what Os you're running. Some of the later os have trouble with EDGE. Do a search on that. If you have EDGE, go into the setup folder and click email setup. Setup an account for your BlackBerry. It will then send the service books.

I'm sure the ##111111 worked on mine.
    06-08-09 08:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD