Ever since I switched to the storm I have been getting 3-5 random calls from unknown numbers a week. I usually let them ring out and type the number into google and see that it comes up as a scam/telemarketer number that has been reported.

what i'm wondering is, when i switched/upgraded lines did my number get added to some public database i am not aware of? i never got these calls on my razr.

or is this coincidental and is it more likely i pissed someone off at the same time i got my storm and they signed me up for a call list...
    02-13-09 08:30 AM
    Ever since I switched to the storm I have been getting 3-5 random calls from unknown numbers a week. I usually let them ring out and type the number into google and see that it comes up as a scam/telemarketer number that has been reported.

what i'm wondering is, when i switched/upgraded lines did my number get added to some public database i am not aware of? i never got these calls on my razr.

or is this coincidental and is it more likely i pissed someone off at the same time i got my storm and they signed me up for a call list...
    They recycle numbers. You got one that was on a list somewhere. Tell your carrier the problem and they should give you a new number no charge..
    02-13-09 08:40 AM
    is this a new number or did you have your number switched over?
    02-13-09 08:42 AM
    is this a new number or did you have your number switched over?
    same number as before

ive told them put me on a do not call list but it keeps happening
    02-13-09 08:46 AM
    www.donotcall.gov

I register all my number's on here. If you get a call like that you inform them that you are on the list and if they call back I think the gov't gets involved and fines them or something like that.....
    02-13-09 09:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD