How do I do it? On my moto Q, I had to turn on the phone, search the apps for the Modem Link, activate it, then I could start my desktop software to connect.

I dont see anything like that on the Storm. Anyone know what the steps are?

Yes, I already signed up for it, and yes, I have it installed on my laptop.

Thanks in advance.
    11-23-08 08:07 PM
    download VZaccess manager

VZAccess Manager
    Last edited by jhill3206; 11-23-08 at 08:14 PM.
    11-23-08 08:10 PM
    install VZAccess Manager
    plug in your BB with usb and go through the setup (it'll ask for your phone #, just punch in your BB phone #)
    then click connect...thats all i had to do
    tethering costs i think 10 dollars a month (pretty sad, i have it and don't know what it costs!)
    11-23-08 08:12 PM
    tethering is $15 a month
    11-23-08 08:17 PM
    you're right its $15. i just turned around to my girlfriend "how much are we paying for my tethering?....." "...$15 hunny"
    11-23-08 08:19 PM
    I've been going over this with Verizon for most of the day. VZAxcess Manager finds my phone, but it won't show up as an available network.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-08 08:25 PM
    your wireless is turned on? i don't have a storm yet, should be here tuesday at the latest according to tracking..
    but anyway my 8703e (my curve does it a lil different with a 'manage connections' button) has an option to turn the wireless off and on. is yours on and do you have good service where you're at?

Edit: yes i'm ********, i see you are posting from your phone lol...disreguard my post
    11-23-08 08:28 PM
    I've been going over this with Verizon for most of the day. VZAxcess Manager finds my phone, but it won't show up as an available network.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    did you activate it on your plan? if not, before you do so. you should check out MOBISHARK
    11-23-08 08:28 PM
    does MOBISHARK work on the storm? i'll cancel my tethering if it works well. i used to use MOBISHARK a long time ago and it worked fine for tethering.
    11-23-08 08:30 PM
    i cant get mobishark work well at all. It loads main pages fine but yahoo links like myyahoo it doesnt move. same thing for ebay and other keysites cant bring them up. There customer service is also garbage they installed some remote viewing software on my desktop now i cant get it off. i am a little pissed. if any of you guys get mobishark working please leave a message on your setting
    11-26-08 03:19 PM
    tethering is $15 a month
    I use to pay $15 for tethering on my curve. When I tried to add it to the storm, the csr said I needed to have the $44.99/mo plan to get tethering. I played around with vzw.com and saw the same thing.

I'm hoping that maybe vzw has yet to update all of the features available to the storm and the $15 tethering comes back.
    11-26-08 03:22 PM
    $15 if on BES,$30 if on BIS. $60 total either way.
    11-26-08 03:38 PM
    Has anyone figured out how to teather the storm with mac book pro yet?

I have tried numerous times and it cant find the carrier

Eric
    01-15-09 09:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD