Hey all,

Just bought the blu-ray version of The Dark Knight, and I noticed there is a Digital Copy DVD that came with it. To be honest, I don't really know what it is. Is it a DVD that I can transfer to my computer then put on my Storm? Because I would really like that!

Thanks!
    12-13-08 06:45 PM
    Yeah I think the digital copies were specifically meant for people to put onto portable devices.
    12-13-08 07:13 PM
    Yeah I think the digital copies were specifically meant for people to put onto portable devices.
    Search this forum....people were unable to get the digital copy to convert over to the Storm.

Today I used DVDFab5 + Handbrake and was able to load it to my Storm. Looks really, really, really nice!!!
    12-13-08 07:19 PM
    The Storm does not seem to be able to play anything that has DRM on it... That is my main complaint. If you wanna beat the iPhone it has to sync and play anything from iTunes IMO.

But I just got my Storm and other than the above love it!
    12-13-08 07:55 PM
    Search this forum....people were unable to get the digital copy to convert over to the Storm.

Today I used DVDFab5 + Handbrake and was able to load it to my Storm. Looks really, really, really nice!!!
    how did it fit? how could that whole movie be made into a file smaller than 8 gigs?
    12-13-08 08:00 PM
    how did it fit? how could that whole movie be made into a file smaller than 8 gigs?
    You can:
    1. resize resolution to 480x instead of DVD's 720x
    2. use different codecs (like MPEG or H.264) with different bitrates to compress the video
    3. use AAC or mp3 to compress the audio

to squeeze a 2+ hour DVD to under a 800mb using a very good bitrate.
    12-13-08 08:10 PM
    You have to remember that the movie isnot compressed when its on bluray or dvd. And you have all the extras that are on the disc also

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-08 08:31 PM
    ugh im not going through this hole thing again please reference this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/blu...l-copy-113099/
    12-14-08 10:24 AM
    the digital copy for portable devices is only 795 MB! and i got down even more than that
    12-14-08 10:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD