Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Talk to Text

I am new to the Blackberry scene and my Storm is my first smart phone. Does anyone know if there is a software that utilizes the voice recognition to be able to speak and it would transcribe the spoken words to a text message or an email? Thanks for your help.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    the tail on the donkey

I think it's called vlingo, but I'm not sure if it's storm ready yet. I heard this sw is really good though.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    30BB64FD

Sounds vicious Can't wait till its compatible with the Storm lol
    Check out my YouTube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/xxslimjimtightxx
    BlackBerry® Tour™9630 owner since 07/12/09

Running OS 5.0.0.191
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Noun- Form of fastener or ornament consisting of penetrating shaft Verb- To hold fast in a position

I've been using Vlingo on my Storm....no Storm specific version out yet but the existing version seems to be working well enough til they do.
  5. jpg
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts

check out jott.com.

you can use jott to send emails & text messages with your voice. just call jott, say whom you'd like to email or text, and then speak your message. jott will convert your voice to text and send it via email or text message to your contact or group. it's also a great way to email yourself reminders while you're on the go and aren't able to write yourself a note.

there is a free basic account or several multi-tierd pay accounts to choose from.
    There are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Ask me

I was able to DL vlingo just fine (4.6 for Bold) but it seemed to be really glitchy. It was forever typing the wrong things. I speak clearly, not like those Ozzy commercials, so I dunno what's up with it. I deleted it for now, I'll wait till they actually release it for the Storm.
    Heathyr
    Sofa King Awesome

i760 -> Storm <3
    CrackBerry Newbie

i too downloaded vlingo for the storm but it would not let me record the voice...but it did install which was decieving. I too will just wait till the official version comes out.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts

Vlingo works great for me on my storm. I use it primarily for texting because it's a lot faster than my typing. I have to enunciate cleary and succinctly though. Someone in another post called it "robot talk."
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    762 Global Posts

Black Coffee
    -When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die.
    CrackBerry Master

Got Vlingo loaded and it runs. Obviously it is not Storm specific, but I need to ramp up on its use. Could you please give an overview of how you actually get it to do voice to text ? Is it tied only to email and / or sms texting, or can I construct short standalone text files too ?

Clueless in Montgomery
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,184 Global Posts

There is also other software, but it's kind of expensive(I think)
    Heres the link--> MyCaption | BlackBerry Email Dictation | Voice to Text Memos and Notes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    569 Global Posts
    PIN
    Less

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorNeutron View Post
    Got Vlingo loaded and it runs. Obviously it is not Storm specific, but I need to ramp up on its use. Could you please give an overview of how you actually get it to do voice to text ? Is it tied only to email and / or sms texting, or can I construct short standalone text files too ?

Clueless in Montgomery
    I had great luck with it on my 8830we, but have not yet tried it on my Storm. I am waiting for the official verision as it is kind of data intensive.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorNeutron View Post

Clueless in Montgomery
    try this:

vlingo™ User Guide: Getting Started
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    762 Global Posts

Bumping this up to see if anyone has found any other apps that do this well
    -When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I tried Vlingo but it says the device is not recording? while i'm setting it up? Anyone know how to get around this