I know there is at least on thread already about video freezing the storm, but I haven't found any type of resolution to the issue or fixes yet, so here goes.....

When I take video from the media option, it freezes the phone completely. I had to remove the battery to unfreeze the phone.

When taking video from the application option, no freeze.

I didn't check to see where the video was being saved to when I used it from the media button, but when I accessed from application center, I did set it to save to the media card.

The file did save when I used the video camera from media option, but would not play back, stating it was unsupported.

The file did play back when filmed from application center.

Is this a hardware or firmware issue? Thoughts?
    11-29-08 08:24 AM
    Bump!

Upgraded software yesterday- Thanks Don!

But, I still have a phone that freezes after 23 seconds of taking video. The only way out is soft reset of the phone.

What to do?? I have 5gb on my media card, which is where I default save the video.
    11-30-08 05:04 PM
    Bump!

Upgraded software yesterday- Thanks Don!

But, I still have a phone that freezes after 23 seconds of taking video. The only way out is soft reset of the phone.

What to do?? I have 5gb on my media card, which is where I default save the video.
    *****EDIT****** DISREGARD. THIS DID NOT FIX MY ISSUE

This issue recently came up for me. I was able to take video fine when I first got the phone but after updating to .75 and installing the Myspace app, my video camera would freeze after taking 30 seconds of video. Here's what fixed it for me:

1. Deleted the myspace app. The app seemed to slow down my phone in general so didn't mind losing it. After the delete, I no longer got freezes on my phone but the vids I recorded would get an error of "Cannot Save: Unsupported Format" Hmmm..

2. I hooked up my Storm to my computer and deleted all the corrupted video files. Went ahead and did a battery pull as well then ran a test. Sure enough: Pure non-freezing-uncorrupted video recording
    Last edited by Foodshooter; 12-06-08 at 02:53 PM.
    12-03-08 04:04 AM
    I'm having this issue as well. I do not have the MySpace app(I never even saw it as an option?) and mine is freezeing somewhere between 10 and 45 seconds of video. Sometimes it lets me go to saving, sometimes not. I have done a battery pull, problem persists. It does definitely seem like a software/firmware problem to me.
    12-03-08 08:56 PM
    I'm having the same issue here. Sometimes I recording a video and the it'll freeze to the point where I have to take out the battery. There's also times where it actually saves the video but then it won't play back.
    12-03-08 09:04 PM
    The same thing just started happening to me! I took it to the VZW store today & they told it it wasn't a "known issue", but told me to call tech support anyway to see if they knew more about it. Did that, ended up having to wipe out the entire phone, reactivate it & everything... & after all that was done, the phone still froze when I would record things. The guy at tech support told me to wait until Monday to get a software upgrade somethingsomething & supposedly that'll fix everything, but I kind of have doubts. -_-
    12-04-08 10:59 PM
    OK my psuedo-solution did not fix my issue. Video cam still freezes requiring a battery pull. I updated to the official .75 and it still continues. Tried reformatting the memory card in XP while my Storm was connected. This seemed to help but it made the camera run really laggy. I then did another format on the memory card from the Storm. This took care of the lag but then I was back to square one. I am accessing the vid cam through the media menu. I am going to try accessing thru applications like the OP does and see where it gets me from there.
    12-06-08 02:52 PM
    Clearly this is an issue. My new Storm was occasionally freezing, but mostly would give me an error that it could not save. I ordered a new Storm to replace my old (3 day old) one, but right out of the box, it had the exact same issues.
    Figuring I must have been doing something wrong, I tried various ways of saving, via the folder to re-name, or just hitting the stop button and allowing it to default name. Still the same errors. Every now and then I can save the video.
    Don't worry, it's nothing you are doing wrong. We just have to wait for an update. Until then, enjoy the rest of the benefits!

-The Crow
    01-22-09 07:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD