I have an unlocked 9530 that I am running 4.7.0.167 with no problems but when I install 5.0.0.328 with the AT&T service maps that I use with 4.7.0.167 the phone wont make or receive calls. I tried to get the lastest maps from AT&T but I get a message that my phone is not registered with them. I'm wondering if there are newer maps that I need to use with 5.0.0.328? Is this something I could download somewhere-I have searched but cant find anything. Thanks in advance for any help.
    Last edited by trolly; 12-31-09 at 12:23 PM.
    12-31-09 10:12 AM
    Are you talking about the Service books?
    12-31-09 11:11 AM
    Are you talking about having the new service books pushed to your phone?

Te way I understand things, and I may be wrong, VZW maintains that service. Since Verizon maintains exclisitivity to the Storm they maintain the sole ability to push service books to these devices. You will have to download them from your computer and add them through CrackUtil and DM.
    12-31-09 11:28 AM
    sorry, yes I meant service books- I have been researching further and it seems I need Verizon to unregister the PIN and IMEI before I can get full functionality out of the phone thru AT&T.....does anyone know if this true?
    Thanks much
    12-31-09 11:35 AM
    Based on my experience this is not true. I had my Storm working on Verizon, and AT&T at the same time receiving mail. Of course only one could be active at a time, and you had to change the APN / Service Books to get data on the live network. But Verizon should not have to release anything for AT&T to activate.
    12-31-09 11:58 AM
    shughes31- thanks, you have given me hope- can you tell me how you changed the APN for AT&T, setup your email for AT&T and do I need a BlackBerry Service subscription? I've looked for information on the APN settings and found a "how to" but nothing really seemed to change with what I did.
    Thanks much!!
    12-31-09 03:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD